Spencer

After my talk with Luke he seemed to feel a little better. He stopped ignoring Calum’s calls, he started eating again, he went to school, it was a 360 improvement.

A week later, he was practically back to his annoying self, so it took me by surprise when he knocked on my bedroom door lightly instead of barging in uninvited.

Lowering the book I was reading, I hesitated before rising to my feet, and shuffling over to the door opened it slowly to reveal Luke and Calum smiling down at me innocently.

“Good morning.” Luke greeted pleasantly, “Sleep well.”

“It’s like noon.” I said slowly, “I’ve been up for hours. We ate breakfast together.”

“Oh yeah.” Luke chuckled, “I remember now. Everything sitting nicely, no indigestion from the milk.”

Blushing furiously since the fact that I was lactose intolerant as a child was not something I found relevant in the slightest, I nodded.

“That’s good.” Calum said pleasantly, “Hey, have you done something different with your hair?”

“I always braid my hair,” I mumbled slowly, “Like every day.”

“You’ve done something different.” Calum insisted, “Did you pluck your eyebrows?”

“Not recently.”

“A new lip gloss?”

“Not wearing anyway.”

“A new shirt?”

“No.” I sighed, growing annoyed.

“Would you like a new shirt?” Luke questioned, pulling his wallet out of his back pocket, “How much would that cost like, twenty? Or Twenty-five, you know what, I’ll just give you thirty and you can keep the chan….”

“Okay, stop.” I interrupted, “What do you want?”

“Nothing.” Luke said innocently, looking offended at the very notion, “Can I not be nice to my favorite sister.”

“I’m your only sister.”

“Hence the reason you’re my favorite.”

“Did you guys break something?” I sighed.

“No.” Calum laughed, “Why would you think that?”

“You’re being weird.” I replied, “Uncharacteristically nice.”

“We’re always nice.” Luke gasped, “Aren’t we Cal?”

“Always. You’re our little Spency.” Calum said placing a hand over his heart, “We love you.”

“Okay, what do you two want?” I grumbled.

Wincing, Luke poked at the place near the wall where the carpet was peeling up with his toe.

“We need your help.” He mumbled sheepishly.

“Okay.” I sighed, crossing my arms over my chest, “With what?”

“We’re coming out of the closet.” Luke muttered, “Tonight, we’re making dinner for Mom and Dad and Cal’s parents….And um… we were….”

“We were wondering if you could help us cook.” Calum blurted out.

Frowning up at the two boys towering over me I laughed, “Why just because I don’t have anything dangling between my legs do you automatically assume I can cook?”

“Can you not?” Calum said slowly, “I thought all girls knew how to cook.”

“Yeah well I thought all guys with boyfriends knew where to stick there thang to do the thing, but apparently that’s not the case.”