Prologue

Clarke Griffin walks around the hospital, looking for her mom. Her mom is Dr. Abby Griffin and works at DC General Hospital. Every Sunday Clarke goes in to help her mom with small things around the hospital.

Her mom sent her to find gauze, but Clarke got lost when she was on her way back to find her mom. Clarke sees a room that looks like the one her mom was in but when she walks in she quickly realizes that it's not the same room.

The room is pretty empty and quiet. The only noise is the beeping coming from all of the machines. Clarke's eyes fall onto the girl the machines are hooked up to. The girl looks taller than Clarke. She has brown hair, that Clarke thinks is beautiful.

Clarke stares at her, thinking about how peaceful she looks. She hears someone else walk into the room and turns around, seeing her mom. "There you are, Clarke." Her mom says, walking over.

Clarke looks back at the girl on the bed. "She looks so peaceful... is she asleep?" She looks back at her mom who lets out a dry laugh.

"You could say that... She's in a coma. Has been for 4 months." Abby says, looking back down at the girl. Clarke stares at her mom.

"4 months? Has she had visitors..? It doesn't look like it." She looks around the empty rooms. There's no sign that other people have been here. Nothing in the trash can, no flowers. Just the girl and the machines.

Abby nods. "Yeah... Once a week her brother and sister come in. They're both in school so they only come on Saturdays." She says, Clarke noding in understatement.

"What's her name?" Clarke studies the girls features. She notices a few cuts on her face, but most of them are scars. Clarke recognizes that's because she's been there for 8 months. The ones that aren't completely healed look deep.

Abby looks at Clarke. "Her name is Lexa Woods. Her sister told us that at the time of the incident she was 17. We don't know if she still is or if she's 18 now." She sighs.

Clarke nods. "You said she only has visitors on Saturdays? What if I come after school during the week? And then on Sundays when I'm done helping out I can keep her company? I just feel bad for her..." The blonde looks back up at her mom.

Her mom smiles a little and nods. "Yeah sure. That would be nice. Then we don't constantly need doctors checking if she's up. Because if you're here you can just tell us." Clarke nods

She looks back at the brunette and sighs. "lexa..."

A/N
So this is my first Clexa book, but obviously not first book in general. Hopefully I'll be able to update this once a week. I'm also writing a Wynonna Earp fanfiction though so when school starts updates will be slower. I hope you enjoyed this 'chapter', and I'll try to update soon.