Chapter 3

Clarkes POV

Today is the day that me and Raven go to breakfast with the woods siblings. I'm all ready, I'm just waiting for Raven to come and pick me up. I live closer to the diner, so it makes more sense for her to pick me up. I'm wearing my blue leather jacket, a grey shirt and some jeans.

I sit outside on my porch, waiting for Raven. I see her car so I stand up and walk over as she pulls into the driveway. "Hey, Reyes. Ready to go see your girlfriend." I say jokingly, making her groan.

"I have spoken to Luna twice. And we're not even friends." She says with a pout as I put on my seatbelt. I look at her and smirk.

"Hey I never said I was talking about Luna," I say, causing her to blush deeply. She smacks my arm before

Raven turns on the radio and we sing along to the songs it plays. We sing and laugh until we get to the diner. Raven parks and we get out of the car. We look at each other before walking into the building, looking for the siblings.

We see Luna and Lincoln and walk over. "Hey." We slide into the booth, Raven sitting across from Luna and me across from Lincoln.

We all order breakfast before Luna speaks up. "So, Clarke. How'd you stumble upon my baby sister?" She asks.

"Uh my mom works at the hospital and I volunteer there. Just walked into the wrong room. Felt bad that she spends a lot of time alone." I shrug. "You said, baby sister? You don't look much older than us." I say, kinda confused.

Lincoln chuckles. "Lexa is one of the youngest in our families. She's 18. Just turned 18, actually. She and Luna are twins, but Luna was born first and won't let her live that down. I'm 19. Then we have our older cousin Anya who's 20, and our slightly younger cousin Gaia who's 15. Our youngest cousin is Aden. He's only 12." I nod as he talks.

After that our conversation fades into a more normal conversation, including Raven's terrible attempt at flirting with Luna. We talk until Luna and Lincoln have to leave for the hospital. We all pay for our food and leave, Luna not so subtly slipping Raven her number.

"So, where to?" I ask Raven once we get in her car. I look at her and see she's staring at the paper with Lunas number, making me smirk.

She looks up at me. "What? Oh uh, Emori wanted to hangout. Me, her and Echo were gonna meet up at the park. You can come too." I think about her question for a second.

Emori, Raven and Echo are really close. The three of them are like sisters. They grew up in similar households so they get along really well. I agree and we drive to the park, just talking about the breakfast. 

Echo and Emori are already at the park when we get there, just sitting on a bench. They live together, so it isn't surprising they're already there together. "Hey," Raven calls out to get their attention. 

The three of them hug, but I just stand there awkwardly. I've never been super close to Echo or Emori. I've always stuck with Raven and Octavia. The three of them fall into a conversation, and Raven makes sure I get included in it.

We talk for a bit before I get a text from my mom, asking me to head home. Raven offers me a ride home, but my house isn't that far from the park so I just decide to walk. I get home twenty minutes later and see my mom just sitting on the couch.

"Mom? Are you okay?" I ask, earning her attention. She looks up at me, looking worried about something. I sit beside her. "Mom, what's wrong?"

"Clarke I um need to talk to you about something... How would you feel if I started seeing someone... Romantically? I met a nice man but I wanted to talk to you first. Because of your father.." She looks at me, clearly nervous.

"Mom... dad has been dead for almost 5 years. You're allowed to move on. I understand. Dad, he would understand too." I say, moving to hug her. I feel her hug back and sigh. We sit like this for a while until we get hungry. We order pizza and watch some movies.

It's good to know that my mom is moving on. She deserves it after everything. My dad, Jake Griffin, passed away 5 years ago. He got in a bad accident and died during surgery. My mom was his surgeon and has blamed herself since then. I blamed her at first too, but then I realized it isn't anybody's fault but the person that hit his car. 

I go upstairs after a couple of movies and lay on my bed, thinking about the day. My tiredness overcomes me and I fall asleep.

A/N
I am so so so sorry for taking so long to update this. School started a couple of weeks ago and it is stressful, to say the least. I have the whole next chapter planned out, I just need to type it out. I'll post it as soon as I can. Sorry again.