Dylan - Two

2

Dylan

I laughed he just smiled at me.

"Sorry, so...we got done early today."

"Uh huh..."

"I went to Noah's game to surprise him."

"Right..."

"I got a surprise of my own, when I saw my wife making out with an old dude." My eyes went wide and I laid down on my side next to him.

"Are you kidding me?"

"I wish I was."

"Cole...I'm sorry." He moved his head to the side so that we were looking at one another again. Then shrugged his shoulders.

"Is it fucked up that I'm more relieved than I am pissed?" It was my turn to shrug. "I'm not pissed, I'm not even angry about it. I mean maybe because the dudes like my Dad's age. I figured she'd at least cheat on me with someone that I don't know was better looking than me, if that's possible?"

"You're full of yourself!" I laughed.

"HA! I mean come on." He patted his chest.

"Dork." I shook my head still laughing.

"I'm serious though, he had to be like almost 60."

"So, did you confront her?" I asked and grabbed my pillow to put under my head. Thank god he didn't turn on the light because this migraine seriously was the freaking worst, but talking to Cole was worth the pain.

"Nope." He popped the 'p'.

"You just left?"

"Nope, stayed for the game. I got home like 15 minutes or so after they did. Walked inside said hi to the kids, well Tory you know came running up to me. Then Noah said I was at the game, and Tia dropped a full plate of food."

"What!" I laughed.

"It was funny, and none of the kids got hurt." He let out a small laugh.

"Then what happened?" He shrugged lightly.

"I told her I wasn't eating, not that it was anything more than fucking chicken nuggets. Then went and took a long ass shower."

"Made her conscious eat away at her. Nice." He nodded with a cheeky grin.

"Ran into her on the stairs, she asked if I was going somewhere, I said yea once the kids were in bed, asked her if there was something she wanted to tell me, she said nope and walked past me. I went downstairs and cleaned up the mess she made."

"She didn't clean up the shit from the plate she dropped?" He shook his head. "What the fuck! The kids could have gotten hurt."

"She didn't care, she never has you know that. Ker actually came down and was getting ready to clean it up himself."

"He's just a kid." I closed my eyes thinking about this little mans innocence being taken thanks to his own mother.

"I know, I feel like when I'm not home during the day and shit that he's taking care of Noah and Tory. I don't know what the fuck Tia is even doing, if anything." He had his eyes closed at this point. "They don't tell me anything. Like they tell me about their day and shit but I don't know, not about whatever happens with her I guess? Maybe I'm over thinking this." I patted his chest.

"That's what you do." He let out a small sigh with a laugh. We both just laid there quiet for a bit.

Next thing I knew I was waking up because of my alarm, or wait is that a phone ringing? I went to shift and realized an arm was around my waist, a hand flat against my stomach. I woke up a little more, realizing that my back was against, oh my god, Cole's front. I sat up quick and he stirred looking around wide-eyed and head fuzzy because of his amazing masculine scent invading my personal space.