Dylan - Eight

8

Dylan

The driver door opened and I jumped and looked over at Cole wide-eyed, with my mouth full of a nugget I had just shoved in while answering my sister's text.

"What?" I asked mouth full.

"You. Nugget me." He hopped in keeping his door open and leaned over the center mouth open and waiting. I shoved a nugget in his mouth and laughed.

"How'd it go?" He smiled at me; cheeks puffed out as he chewed.

"See babe! I told you he still had this truck!" I rolled my eyes hearing her nails on a chalkboard voice. "I will get this truck Colson!" He turned to look at her.

"It isn't my truck, so, good luck?"

"It is your truck! I'm not an idiot, I've seen the stupid thing in the driveway almost every day since you bought it!"

"Well, it isn't mine, so." Cole shrugged his shoulders and I let out a laugh unintentionally and quickly covered my mouth.

"Are you serious!" Tia pushed the door open further and looked right at me. "You sold it all to her didn't you! I get half of that!"

"I didn't sell her anything." Cole shrugged again.

"Don't fucking lie to me! Chandler tell him! I'm entitled to half of the price of everything he sold because we were still married." This Chandler person kept his mouth shut, good thing too. "Babe!" Tia turned and looked at the guy.

"The papers are signed Tia, it's done and over with, let's go home." He gave her this look, that told me everything I needed to know about his sleazy self. Giving me the creeps.

"No, we can file a petition or something right?" Cole let out an annoyed groan.

"Seriously? Tia, you got everything can we just go our separate ways and only deal with one another when it comes to our kids?" His voice was calm.

"NO! This isn't right! I deserve everything after the hell you put me through!"

"The hell I put...What the fuck did I put you though?" He started to raise his voice. "You got the house! You get to keep everything in it except for my personal fucking belongings! You kicked me the fuck out for what? Cause you met some douche bag!" He was yelling at this point so I set my hand on his shoulder, and felt him relax. "You moved on, and that's fine, this was a long ass time coming." His voice was back to the normal calm. "I'll see you tomorrow when I come to get my shit, and according to the order, the kids will be coming with me as well." He sat back and was staring straight ahead out the windshield.

"Like hell you'll be getting them. So, what you can play house with that whore?" I choked on a laugh.

"Excuse me?" I smiled. "Listen Tia, I get it, we don't like one another, and haven't ever since the two of you started dating. You've been jealous of the friendship that Cole and I have had for years, before you even came in the picture and started dating him. Him having to deal with you over the past what, ten years?" I huffed another laugh. "Trust me when I say that the next woman that he allows in his heart is going to be thanking the shit out of you for letting someone so amazing go. He's going to treat her like a goddess, and she's going to treat him the right way, and not let go, knowing what the hell she has."

"What like you?"

"What if it is me?" I shrugged.

"You've always been jealous of me for having him, so why not have my left overs?" She smirked.