Dylan - Fourteen

14

Dylan

I woke up when Cole kissed my head and told me goodbye. He's just that guy, he always promised to not leave without saying goodbye no matter the situation. We've been pissed at one another and he still found me just to give me that kiss on the head and say goodbye. It's no different today than it has been for the past shit I think he started it like 10 years ago. I rolled back over and fell right back asleep. 

He has to be up and out by 5:30am. I work from wherever my phone is and only have to go into the office, aka, Cole's parent's house, the office out in the pole barn, like once a week. I do go there every day just to enter the appointments and everything into the calendar that's shared with all the guys. I also call them before all the appointments and order things and just everything. I do everything except for the hard labor basically. Even pick out anniversary presents. Oh, yea these boys need me.

I finally rolled out of bed around 8, knowing I wanted to head in to put some calendar stuff in for the week. I wanted to be there by 10, so I got up, straightened my hair, threw on some make-up and a cute summer dress, and headed downstairs to grab something to go to eat.

"HEY!"

"Hey Amelia, didn't think you'd be here."

"I had a 6 am class. Such bullshit for a Monday!"

"Wow." I laughed; she wasn't a morning person at all so hearing she had a 6am class was hilarious.

"You aren't kidding. However, I got to peep hottie leaving in his sexy work clothes at 5:30am, great wake up." She wiggled her eyebrows.

"He works construction. There is nothing sexy about...okay I take that back." We both laughed, because honestly it was a grey t-shirt with C.T.W. Construction blasted on the back of it and his name on the front. A sexy ass pair of Wranglers and boots. He was hot as sin in everything he wore, but I did really enjoy seeing him in his work clothes. Especially when he was all dirty. Mmm.

"Girl, I straight asked him on a date!"

"Did you?" Insecurity hello I'm Dylan, please leave.

"I did! Friday night! I'm so excited, can you tell me like everything?"

"I uhm I have to go into the office, maybe later?" I tried to hide the fact that I was upset about this supposed date. So, I gave her a smile. She nodded with her wide excited smile. "Awesome, see ya later."

"BYE!!" Forgetting my breakfast, I grabbed my keys and almost turned around just to change to ride my bike over there but stopped myself, I didn't want to run into Amelia again right now, so with a huff I walked over and jumped into my SUV and drove over to the Weavers.

I've been here for a few hours, did everything I needed to do and now I'm just stalling. I don't want to go home. I don't even want to stay here, but I really don't want to go home. I let out a loud sigh, and jumped when I heard a soft knock on the doorway, it was Momma Weaver.

"Hey sweetie."

"Hey Momma" I smiled softly at this woman I've looked up to since I lost my Mom when I was 16.

"You okay? You've been out here longer than you normally are, and now seeing you I can tell something is getting to you." I let out another sigh with a small smile.

"Just a lot going on in my head."

"Well talk to me. I'm all ears." She walked the rest of the way in and sat down in one of the chairs in front of the desk. "Is it about Cole?" I bit my lip and nodded avoiding eye contact. "Is he okay? Really okay?"