Dylan - Twenty-Six

26

Dylan

We've been living together in the new house for roughly a month and it was easy. Like I've lived with roommates before, I obviously haven't been responsible for anyone but myself that entire time. Now I have this new Mom responsibility and I love it so much, along with willingly taking care of Cole. I made sure he had coffee every morning, lunch every day to take to work, and dinner every night no matter what time he got home. He made sure to tell me every single day how much he appreciated it, and how much he loved me. Being loved by this man was amazing.

Currently the kids were helping me make spaghetti from scratch, well just the sauce. Cole just pulled in the driveway and walked in the house through the garage and for the first time since we've been living here, none of the kids ran to him to say hi or welcome home.

"What is this?" He smiled peaking around the corner a little concerned.

"They're all busy." I stuck my tongue out at him.

"We have jobs to do Daddy." Tory said with a proud smile.

"Chopped liver, that's what I am now?" He laughed before walking over to kiss me. "Hey baby, missed you today." I smiled but didn't stop stirring. "And it smells freaking incredible, I'm starving." I laughed.

"Well it's almost done; can you grab the garlic bread out of the freezer though? It's in the pantry freezer."

"Sure can." He winked and kissed me one more time before walking to the kids kissing them each on their little heads before grabbing the garlic bread out of the freezer and setting it next to me. "Do I have time to shower before dinner?"

"Hurry up." I winked, he smiled and kissed me one last time before heading up to clean up. "Y'all are doing amazing!"

"She never let us help with anything." Keryn said from beside me watching as I stirred the sauce. "She never made anything either." He shrugged.

"Well y'all already know that I love it when you help me. How are you feeling today bud?" He shrugged again; he's been waking up in the middle of the night getting sick. It's really strange because he doesn't have a fever or anything like that and he's out of it, like spacey, after he throws up. We have him schedule for a doctor visit in a few days to hopefully get some real answers.

"I just don't want to get sick anymore."

"I know baby." I gave him a side hug. "Alright, drain the pasta? Think you can handle that?" He gave me a nod and did as asked then we mixed everything together and Noah had already set the table. Cole came down a few minutes later and we were all sitting down.

"Everyone have a good day?" Cole asked. Everyone nodded. "Don't everyone answer at once." He laughed. "Ker how you feeling?"

"Dylan just asked, I feel okay, just really tired."

"Couple more day's bud." Keryn nodded again.

"Daddy, you're coming with us tonight, right?" Noah asked Cole.

"Where?"

"It's back to school night, duh!" Noah giggled

"Oh shit, shoot." The kids all giggled again.

"It's in your calendar." I laughed.

"I was so busy today I didn't even get a second to check it, but yes of course we're going together." Content now that the night was planned, we continued to eat.

"What did you do today Daddy?" Tory asked before slurping up her pasta noodle.

"Uncle Kase, Uncle Jay, Uncle Trent and our crews, were all on the same job. It was hot, we were building a double deck with a roof."