Dylan - Twenty-Eight

28

Dylan

Another hectic week gone by. Another Friday night spent together, another Saturday night with the man of my dreams on the back of his bike while the kids were with his parents, and another Sunday Weaver get together. This one was different, nobody had work tomorrow because of Labor Day and let me tell you, all the Weaver boys together and drunk was the funniest thing ever.

I'm pretty sure that Cole has been thrown into the pool about 30 times from Trent, Kase, Jensen, and their Dad, oh and both Uncles, plus Dean, and Bennett. They were all making it a mission to keep him in the pool. I couldn't stop laughing. Like my stomach hurt.

I mean, until Cole came over to kiss me softly in front of everyone. Then both of us got thrown into the pool. I wasn't in my bathing suit yet. Thank goodness for living less than a mile away!

"Why do you all hate me so much!" Cole yelled through his laughter.

"We don't hate you, you're just the least loved." Kase stated pushing Cole back into the pool the second he climbed out.

"I just want another beer!" Cole whined but was still laughing.

"Let the boy get another drink." Colson, their Dad, said from the seat he was comfortably at playing cars with a few of the kids.

"Mama, can I eat?" Keryn came over to me.

"Yea, of course baby! Let's get you set up." I smiled.

"I got him." Cole said now next to me, slightly swaying with a cheesy smile on his face. I let out a loud laugh.

"You need to just make sure you've got you; I've got the kids. Enjoy this because you leave for practice Tuesday and won't be drinking until the end of the race season." I patted his chest, gave him a kiss and followed a laughing Keryn inside the house.

"Daddy is funny when he's drinking." I laughed with Keryn and rubbed his head.

"Yes, yes he is. They are all big ol' goofs. What are you hungry for?" He smiled, thankfully he's been doing amazing. I know it's only been a week but Cole and I have this counting carbs and adding for insulin down, and we've been teaching his parents and basically everyone just to keep his life as normal as possible. The best part is they are all eager to learn and help out.

"Uh can I have a burger?"

"Bun or no bun?" He shrugged.

"Bun, I guess?"

"Sweetie, you can pick whatever you want to eat. We will just add it all up and put it into your pump." He looked down for a minute.

"I know, I just, it's still weird."

"It's going to be, but hey one day at a time." He nodded.

"Can I have sweet potatoes and apples then?"

"You bet you can!" He smiled wide and grabbed the spoon to put some on his plate next to his burger. "How about some fruit and veggies." He nodded and put what he wanted filling the rest of his plate.

"Okay, this is good." His eyes were huge so was his adorable smile.

"Perfect, after you eat let me know and we can figure out what to put in your pump together, cool? This way if your eyes were bigger than that belly we don't need to adjust anything later." He nodded again.

"Mama?" He stopped at the door and turned to me.

"Yea baby?"

"Can I ride my dirt bike tomorrow?"