Cole - Eleven

11

Cole

My ex is the worst woman in existence. I respect women, I really do. What I'm about to say is obviously going to contradict that. My Mom always taught us kids that you respect the people that respect you. Obviously, there are cracks in that because you always respect your elders. Point being every single move I made was to be sure I don't intentionally disrespect the mother of my children, regardless of how much she disrespects me.

Tonight, is an exception. Tonight, I'm out with my parents, and all three of my kids, enjoying a late birthday dinner for my daughter Tory. She turned 6 last weekend and Tia, their mother, wouldn't let me stop by to see her and wish her a happy birthday. When I got the kids last night from our usual meeting spot, I explained to Tory why I wasn't able to come see her and the boys, without putting their mother down. No child deserves to hear one parent talking down about the other. Even though Tia does it constantly.

"Can we go to the waterpark tomorrow?" Keryn asked.

"Heck yea man. That'll be awesome. Maybe we can see if Uncle Kase wants to go with the kids too?" I answered, my life feeling complete and perfect every time I had my kids.

"Yes! Daddy, Tanner too?" Noah asked.

"Heck yea!" Keryn and Noah both made fists and said yes. My parents just laughed at their antics.

"Daddy? Can we see if Alex and Kenny can come too?" Tory asked her voice so small as if afraid I was going to yell at her.

"Yea baby, I'll text Uncle Jensen, and Aunt Kayle now." I planted a kiss on my little girl and gave her a big smile. She smiled wide and hugged me. My parents just looked at me knowing how hard all of this has been on the kids.

"You're the best daddy ever." She said, her face in my side. Before I could answer she was pulled away from me and I jumped up so fast to go after whoever had my daughter. Then saw Tia with our daughter tight in her arms.

"We need to leave." Tia stated. "Boy's get up now." I swallowed hard pushing out of the booth and towered over Tia, not intentionally she was just small.

"What are you doing?" I asked her genuinely confused.

"The kids and I are leaving. We're going to LA tomorrow for the week. Plane leaves in a few hours." The look on her face was daring me to protest.

"Tomorrow is still my day with them Tia."

"Does it look like I give a shit Colson." The look on her face was maniacal, and her lips were pursed. I licked my lips and looked up for a second trying to contain all the anger I had towards this woman, and pushed it all down. My kids did not need to see this.

"Listen, can you and I discuss this alone. Please."

"We can keep the kids here; they can finish up their food." My dad stepped in winking at Noah, he was the only one left sitting in the booth besides my parents. Tia rolled her eyes setting down Tory. Tory ran the two feet to me and attached herself to my leg.

"Daddy, I don't want to go." I knelt down to her level.

"I know baby, stay here with Pop and Nan okay? I'm just gonna go talk to your mom for a second." She nodded, tears filling her little eyes.

"Come here sweetie." My mom said scooping Tory up in her arms. I nodded at both of them before running my hand down my beard. Then walked to the bar far enough away that the kids wouldn't be able to hear if we kept our voices normal.

"You aren't stopping me from taking them." Tia said with a small laugh and roll of her eyes. "So, this is completely pointless."

"Tia, we have an agreement, that we both signed off on six months ago stating that we would follow it and you never have, always cutting the only time I get with them short."