Cole - Nineteen

19

Cole

I'm so stuck inside my head it's killing me. The one person I can talk to about all this bullshit...I can't even talk to because she's the one that has my kids. Since she has my kids and there is a no contact order going on right now, it means I can't talk to her. I'm a fucking mess. It's three in the morning and I'm at the house I've been building, initially it was just for me and the kids, but now I honestly can't wait for Dylan to see it and fall in love.

She helps a lot with picking out designs to show the customers when we're redoing the spaces for them. So, I've learned a lot about her taste and the things she absolutely "needs" in her dream house. You bet your ass every single one is in the house I'm building.

I came straight here after leaving the police station, because when I work even though my mind wonders like crazy it still helps to calm me. Takes my focus away from the shit storm and puts it to the wood and nitty gritty. Work and riding, and obviously I can't ride at three in the fucking morning.

I'm here blaring music; thank god it is on the backside of my parent's property. They sold me a few of their acres as a subdivision and I started building last month after finally getting all the proper permits and an address. Looking around, the place is almost complete. I'm waiting for the counters to be delivered so I can put them in and a few stupid little things like hanging mirrors and connecting lights and fans, but I honestly couldn't believe how much shit I got done. I came here and worked a few hours every day after work. Some days Kase would come help, and a few even Aiden and Hayes were here along with Jensen and Trent. They really only helped when something required more than one person.

The house was beautiful, not to pat myself on the back or anything. It was slightly angled so the three-car garage was at a 45-degree angle compared to house. The house had a porch that was the entire front a little of the side. Two-story, six bedrooms, four bathrooms. When you walked in the front door the floors were all done in old barnwood. Stairs to upstairs right in front of you, to the left was a laundry room, and the master suite with a huge bathroom and Jacuzzi tub and a massive walk in closet with a built-in make-up desk that she could sit on without a chair, a must for Dylan. The closet was complete with an insane amount of storage even though I knew how much stuff she had. The master also had its own covered porch.

Back out in the foyer you could enter the dining room to your right or stay straight to the open floor living room with a fireplace and built in wiring for a TV and other media shit, breakfast area, and kitchen. The kitchen had two pantries, one hidden behind a door next to the refrigerator and you could walk through to the butler's pantry. The kitchen itself had an island with stools on one side, the sink, dishwasher, and trash on the other side. Stools already set up. The stove top was across from the sink on the counter against the wall, and the double over was against the back wall of the house. Exactly where Dylan wanted everything. Cabinets were all a dark grey, except the island ones were white. Another one of Dylan's must haves.

There was a bathroom and mudroom beyond the kitchen with a man door to the three-car garage, which had upstairs storage or could be turned into a full apartment, it was already wired and water already ran just in case. Upstairs back in the main house were the other five bedrooms and two bathrooms one on each side of the house. There was a built-in computer desk in a little hallway nook area upstairs that could be used as an office or a place for the kids. Something that Dylan wished she always had. Everything down to the colors of the walls, carpet in the bedrooms, bathroom styles, everything screamed Dylan.

Y'all going to think I'm crazy, I used things she said she loved initially because I just wanted a beautiful house to live in with my kids that was functional. Realizing I was in love with my best friend had me running out and putting in some of the little things, like the closet organization, the hall office, and the built-in make up thing.