Cole - Three

3

Cole

I parked in my driveway and hopped out of the truck stretching; it was a long ass fucking day. Letting out a long breath I leaned back in and grabbed my trash and lunchbox out and headed into the garage. Threw out all the trash and sat down on the step took off my mud-covered boots. I sat there for a few minutes with my head in my hands trying to summon energy to finish the rest of the day. I've been up since 4 in the morning and it is now 7 at night. It's also Halloween night, and trick-or-treating in our neighborhood starts in an hour. My phone buzzed in my pocket so I fished it out.

Kase – We'll be over in like 15.

Me – Alright.

Kase – Dude, I'm so beat. Hold me up if I pass out while walking.

Me – Was going to ask you to do the same haha.

Kase – Need...more...strollers. Who's all meetin'?

Me – Dean, Trent, Jay, Colt said maybe, Kayle will be here.

Kase – What about Dylan?

Me – You know that Tia will cut my balls off if I invite her.

Kase – She has nieces and nephews tho, doesn't she? Plus that hoe fam.

Me – Yea, we will probably see them cause her sister Blake lives like four houses down.

Kase – So, maybe Sadie will actually have a friend?

Me – Haha, Kayle's going to be there, but I'll ask her if she'll be around.

Kase – Strategically make that run in happen.

Me – I'll see what I can do.

I laughed rubbing down my face again before shooting Dylan a text.

Me – Hey you, am I going to run into you tonight??

Dyl – I mean maybe.🤷‍♀️

Me – Haha, you going with Blake and Alex here?

Dyl – Yep, I sure am. Already at Blake's saw you pull in.

Me – You should have mentioned it I would have stopped there for my much-needed dose of you.

Dyl – lol right and get the wrath of Tia the second she realizes your truck is home but you aren't? I think not. I'll take my chances with accidentally leaving at the same time. 🤣

Me – I'll text you before we walk out.

Dyl - 😊

Me – Dyl is already around so she'll accidentally leave the same time we do.

Kase – YES so we will all be stuck together! Bet. Wait till you see my awesome fucking costume.

Me - Child. Can't wait.

I laughed again before pushing myself up and walking through the door into the kitchen. I sat my keys down on the counter.

"DADDY!" My little girl came running into my arms for a big hug, just like she does everyday.

"Hey baby." I gave her a kiss on her head and held her tightly.