Cole - Twenty-Three

23

Cole

I woke up to my phone alarm and quickly turned it off, untangling myself from the kids as carefully as possible, you know arm over my face, leg over my stomach, head on my leg, I loved it. Then went into the bathroom shutting the door quietly. Did my business and walked back into my closet, I didn't close the door completely because it was loud when it shut. I got into my pants and heard the closet door open. Looking up I saw my little princess rubbing her eyes. I shut off the light and knelt down.

"Hey princess, what are you doing up?" She shrugged her shoulders.

"Where are you going Daddy?"

"Just to work baby, you're going to hang out with Nan and Pop alright?"

"What about Dylan?"

"She has to go to school."

"But it's summer time."

"It is, but Dylan is in college, and her school runs through the summer."

"Oh. Daddy?" I smiled at her lifting her into my arms and holding her close.

"Yes baby?"

"Can we keep her?"

"Keep who love?"

"Dylan, can she stay?" I let out a small laugh.

"I sure hope we can keep her. Listen why don't you get back in the bed with everyone, and tonight when I get home, I'll have Nan and Pop bring you and show you the surprise I've been working on for all of us."

"Dylan too?"

"Yup, it's for Dylan too."

"Okay." I set her back down on the ground and grabbed my shirt and a pair of socks before following her back and tucking her into my bed with her brothers and Dylan. I kissed her, walked around the bed and kissed Dylan lightly on her forehead hoping I didn't wake her. Then went back into the bathroom grabbing my boots and headed downstairs. I tossed my boots on the floor by the door, unlocked it, and headed to the kitchen.

My Mom has always been on point with waking up early and making coffee, mainly for Dad since he still is just wired to wake up at 4 in the morning, but since I've been living at home, she makes extra for me now. Not going to lie, I am going to miss my Mom taking care of me like she does. Being with Tia for so long I almost forgot how it felt like for someone to have your back and help your day go smoother. Coming back home was the complete opposite.

"Dude." Aiden called out quietly. "Please, tell me, your Ma made extra. I woke up fucking late." I laughed and handed him the cup I just poured. "Saint."

"You're a mess."

"I know." He took a sip. "We're all still coming down to set the furniture up, tonight right?"

"Yea, we should be done right about two and we can just head straight to the house."

"Awesome." I took my travel cup and walked to sit down on the couch to get my boots on. When I looked up Dylan was coming down the stairs in all her beautiful morning glory. All the air was knocked out of my chest seeing her beauty walking down the last few steps in my t-shirt and a pair of my boxers.

"What are you doing up?" I asked her.

"Not letting you sneak out without a real goodbye." She smiled. Aiden let out a small cough. "Hi Aiden." She smiled over at him.

"Hey girl." Dylan laughed and shook her head.

"A real goodbye?" She nodded and popped up on her tiptoes to press her perfect lips against mine, her hands flat on my still bare chest. "Mmm. I could get used to real goodbyes." She pulled away and winked.