the beach

One year earlier

Residual sounds of waves crashing filled the air of the warm morning, mixed with the light conversation among the four friends.

The summer breeze along with the smell of the saltwater ocean in front of them made for a perfect place to hang out, and it was especially calming as they enjoyed their little picnic on the beach.

"Sadie, this is literally all vegan shit" the green eyed boy grumbled, digging through the basket in attempt to find something to eat that fits his criteria.

Luckily for him, the nearly motherly brunette was too deep in conversation to scold him, which he is thankful for.

The four of them are all so different, but none of them could ask for a better friend group.

Noah and Sadie fought almost all the time, which was quite odd considering the ginger has always showed nothing but kindness to everybody else in her life other than the boy that sat in front of her, complaining about her food choices.

Millie was mostly the friend in the middle, and she always tried to help whenever the two of her friends are fighting. Which honestly gets quite exhausting, considering they hardly ever stop arguing with each other.

And then there was Sophia.

Sophia has always been the quiet one, and she only ever really observes the group and what they are doing. She goes along with mostly everything they say, and never really has any opinions of her own which gets quite annoying at times.

Millie invited her to sit with them at lunch one day at school when she had no where else to sit, and she pretty much followed them around like a puppy dog ever since.

None of them really minded that much at first since she hardly ever talked and it was almost as if she wasn't even there at all, but Noah and Sadie both kind of get a slight creepy vibe from her.

Millie has always tried to see the good in people although, so she never thought anything like that.

They have never admitted it out loud, but with the way that she follows them around everywhere they go and is somehow following a few of their family members on social media gets to be a little much.

She has always been a sweet person, but they sometimes feel like she might like them all a little bit too much.

Although, Sadie is way too nice to say anything to her about the topic. Noah definitely would if it weren't for his friend constantly telling him to shut up and be nice, which he only listens to when he wants to. And honestly, he never really wants to.

But even if he pretty much has no filter whatsoever, he knows better than to hurt the shy girls feelings. He has seen the movies, and knows damn well that they never end well.

-