after all

One week later.

"Fuck, no. I can't. I have to like, tell her to cancel. Or that I'm sick with some deadly and highly contagious disease that could take out every single person at the wedding one by one and-"

"Woah, woah! Calm down!" Caleb cut him off, his eyes widening at how scarily detail filled that scenario was.

"It'll be fine. There's like a hundred thousand people at least who live in Atlanta, so how do you know that Millie will be at this one random wedding?"

"First of all, remember that night she texted me all wasted and said something about how her friend Sadie was taking her home?" he nodded, waiting for him to continue.

"Well, I asked what her last name was and she said something like... countertop or toilet or some stupid shit like that but think about it. Her last name is Sink. You know, a bathroom appliance. So you're trying to tell me that a girl named Sadie with the last name of a bathroom appliance that also lives in Atlanta that happens to be friends with Millie and her parents divorced years ago and now her mom is getting married again isn't the same girl as the one I know?"

"Dude, he's right. Toilet is a stupid last name." Gaten chimed in, receiving a few looks here and there from a few friends before they came to the decision that it would be best to just ignore him.

"Okay... maybe it is the same person. But that doesn't necessarily mean that you'll see Millie, right? Maybe it's going to be some giant event with tons of people and you won't even see her."

"I doubt it. What if she recognizes me and... you know, tries to talk to me?" Finn questioned, sitting down on the chair by his desk as he looked to his two friends.

He was currently stressing out quite a bit considering him and his family have recently recieved invitations to a wedding in Atlanta, which was for his old friends parents who he safely assumes knows Millie.

And... he can't go to that wedding knowing that she'll be there.

It's not like he doesn't want to connect with her again, it's just that he didn't think he needed to mentally prepare himself to not only talk to her again, but to see her in person for the first time.

To see what she really looks like.

All he really saw was those posed pictures that she sent him once and a while. And she looked fucking gorgeous without a single doubt in the world, but he wants to see the real her.

He wants to see her in a moment.

To see her when her eyes light up when she sees her favorite restaurant. To see her laughing at some stupid joke, or her smile of accomplishment after doing something she was proud of.

That was what got him questioning whether or not he could see himself with her in a romantic way. Because how the hell can he know if he hasn't seen her in those raw moments that lets him know how truly in love he is.

But wouldn't he already know if his feelings were stronger than just friends?

"Um, you talk back," Caleb replied, ridding Finn of all of his thoughts as his attention drifted back to the people who were trying hard to help him through this.

"Why don't you guys just talk everything out?"

"Well, she clearly doesn't want to talk things out considering i've been blocked for almost three months!" he grumbled, putting his head in his hands, trying to think of any way to make things right.

If she wanted to talk to him, she would reach out. Right?

He genuinely has no clue what he's going to do. The only thing he really can do at this point is to just go there and hope for the best.