waiting for him

The next day

"She's probably just sleeping,"

The curly haired boy looked over to his friends with an unconvinced look, growing more anxious as time went by.

"Finn, seriously. Don't stress" Caleb advised, watching as his usually tame best friend practically fell apart right in front of him.

"How? What if she like, died of alcohol poisoning? Or got kidnapped after the phone call, or-"

"Relax, i'm sure she's fine. She's probably just resting after what sounded like a long night" he replied, managing to somehow keep his cool while Finn was entirely freaking out and blaming himself for the situation that was out of his control.

"I just... maybe i was too hard on her. I shouldn't have-"

"God dammit, Finn. You obviously couldn't tell her you had feelings for her when you don't, so what's the problem? You weren't mean about it, and there's nothing you can do if you just don't love her. You can't change that." Gaten cut him off, and Finn knew he couldn't argue with that.

But he knows how much it hurts to love someone and have them not love you back, and he would never want anybody to feel that pain. Especially not Millie.

And if she did, he would know that he was the one who caused that.

"She'll text you, okay? Just give her time"

-

"Just- just give me time to figure this out, okay?"

"Millie... i'm so sorry. I never should've told you to-"

"No, it's not your fault. I was the one who did it," she mumbled, looking down at her injured hands as she tried to hide away the oncoming tears that were building up in her eyes.

"Shit, um- it's okay, don't be sad"

Millie slowly looked over to him, unable to understand how he thought that would help even in the slightest bit.

She loved Noah with all of her heart, but he was never really good at comforting people or even being in serious topics without cracking jokes.

However, Millie is hurting a lot right now and he knew making it a joke would turn the situation into something infinite times worse.

"Where's Sadie?" the brunette questioned, wiping under her eyes with her fingers as she looked over to Noah.

"I would be offended but yeah, um, she might be a tad better at this than i am."

He paused when he noticed more tears coming, trying his best to help. "Oh, shit- fuck, no wait, i'm sure she's gonna be here. She's just with Sophia right now."

A lot of things went down at the party after Noah's drunken suggestions, but since Sadie had to take Sophia home to get her to bed, she wasn't here to help her friend.

Millie fairly assumed that Sophia was probably just hungover as of right now and needed care, but it still hurt nonetheless how she isn't here.

 A small sigh fell from her lips, replaying all the incidents from last night in her head.

"I didn't do shit, you just always play victim."