card games

just a filler chapter i wrote a while ago so bare w me!! i have cooler chapters coming soon i promise😈 be expecting a time jump soonish :)

-

"I hate everything."

"Noah, come on. There has to be an important lesson to be learned in all of this that we just don't realize yet." Sadie explained, watching as her hazel eyed friend lied upside down on the couch, his head hanging off the couch while his legs were up.

"Yeah, and what lesson is that? Don't catfish your friends?" he rolled his eyes. "Everything is stupid."

"If you're gonna put your feet on the couch can you at least take your shoes off?" Sadie asked, looking uncomfortably to the small spot of dirt Noah had gotten on her leather couch from the bottom of his shoe.

"I would be happy to take them off to throw at you." he suggested, and she rolled her eyes, letting him just leave them on since she knew very well he wasn't joking and would totally prove it without thinking twice. "It's gonna get better Noah, seriously."

"Now will you tell me how you really feel without saying you hate the world and everyone in it?"

"Fine, I'll be honest if you really want me to." he swung himself up, moving his legs so he could sit down normally now and facing her. "Your positivity really pisses me off sometimes."

"Like, everything you do pisses me off, but that specifically." he admitted, and she just looked at him and wasn't going to interrupt. "This is happening to you too, you know. Sophia was your friend just as much as she was ours."

"I mean, I kind of always hated her, but that's absolutely not the point here."

"Does it not even bother you what she did to me and Millie? Or... what Millie and I did to each other? Are you just completely unfazed by this situation?" he questioned, and she again didn't answer since she knew he wasn't finished.

"Because Millie isn't even talking to you about anything anymore like she used to and all you can say about it is that it'll be fine and there's lessons to be learned? How are you so sure it's gonna be fine again, hm?"

"You practically just lost two friends and it looks to me like you're completely calm about it." he vented, finally deciding to push off his sneakers from his feet since they were bothering him before he tossed them loose on her floor.

"I haven't been as calm as you think I've been, trust me."

"I don't know what it means for all of us, but the only thing I do know is that eventually things will get better. That's all that I've been trying to tell you." she explained, and he looked over to her, finally starting to understand a little bit.

"I'm not saying it doesn't suck, because it does. I've been on the verge of tears since this weekend but It's gonna work out somehow and it won't always be like this."

"Not to sound like a life coach, but it is important to let yourself feel things and talk about it with somebody, or else it'll be worse for you and everyone around you." Sadie said, and Noah did agree with her but looked at her with a disgusted face since he hated getting so sentimental.

"Yeah, whatever. I'll save that for my therapist." he shrugged, reaching to the bowl on the table in front of them to grab a handful from the bowl of popcorn they were eating before this.

"Can we watch a movie now and quit all the mushy talk?" he asked, and she rolled her eyes playfully before grabbing the remote to hand to him so they could watch something.

He had fallen asleep cold on Sadie's shoulder only thirty or so minutes into the movie, so it looks like they were going to be having a sleepover since no one can wake Noah once he's asleep.