invitations

Two and a half months later

"Absolutely not!"

"Come on, you look beautiful!" he exclaimed, looking at the brunette in front of him as she stood in her fluffy pink dress.

"I look like pepto bismol," she scoffed, crossing her arms as she looked in the lengthy mirror.

"Beautiful pepto bismol!" Noah replied. She smiled slightly before tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear, looking deeply in the mirror in attempt to find some comfort in the dress she currently had on.

Sadie's mom had planned on having the wedding in only two weeks from now, which has become quite the hassle for most of them since they are behind quite a bit of the planning to help out.

Millie was currently trying on the dress that was picked out for her, and it was a lot fancier than her liking. Especially since she's usually more of a throw on a pair of jeans and a sweater and you're good to go kind of girl.

However, she does like trying new things and the light pink dress with ruffles in the front was definitely something new for her.

"Sadie!" Noah abruptly called out, making Millie jump since it was right in her ear. 

"What!?"

"Take a break from the invitations for a second and come look at Millie's dress!" Noah shouted once again since Sadie was in another room.

Noah was put in charge of the invitations a few months ago, but then only sent out half before quitting and suddenly deciding he wanted to help decide what dressed people were going to wear.

And nobody was aware of the fact that he quit until recently, so now Sadie has to send out the rest of the invitations as soon as she can since the wedding is now only two weeks out.

"Sadie!"

"I'm coming!" she yelled in response, unhappily getting up from the desk that was set in the other room before she walked in to see her two friends.

"Wow, Noah. You actually did a good job picking a dress." she grinned slightly, examining the beautiful dress, along with the flowy fabric at the back that went to the floor.

"You look perfect."

"So will you. I'm honestly a little bit jealous of your outfit," she glanced over to the beautiful outfit that was neatly folded by all the clothing for the event, and Sadie was going to be wearing light pink pants that went with a crystalized top and pink shoulders.

Millie would much rather be wearing a set with pants as opposed to a dress, but it's not everyday that her best friends mom gets married, so she'll let it slide. 

"Don't be. The top is all scratchy,"

"Alright, now come help me with the- wait, where did Noah go?" she took a glance around the room, until her eyes landed on the part of the kitchen she could see where Noah was eating the leftovers in her fridge right over the invitations.

"Noah!"

Millie rolled her eyes with a hint of a smile at how unbelievably unhelpful he was being, but if she was being honest, she can't wait for this wedding. 

At first Sadie was pretty unhappy about it, but she got to know the guy that her mom is going to be marrying and he actually isn't that bad.

She can't wait for Millie to meet all of her old friends from back when she lived in Vancouver, but had to move away from because her parents split up. 

A handful of them she doesn't really know all that well and the friendship was mostly between the parents, but she's a very social person and is looking forward to getting to know them better.