you don't believe me?

Sadie smiled, wiping the single tear that fell down her cheek away with her hand as she watched her mom walk down the isle.

She was really truly happy for her.

And when she saw the genuine smile on her face, a smile that she didn't see all that much growing up with her, she knew that this man that stood at the end of the isle was going to be her future dad.

And she was happy about it.

"Um, dearly beloved, we are... joined today. To celebrate the gathering of... the marriage between, Sadie's mom and... Bernie?"

"David." he mumbled, mentally face palming at how absolutely awful he was doing.

"David, yeah! Like from schitt's creek. Fold in the cheese, David!" Noah remarked, holding up his glass of wahoo punch, but he slowly unraised his hand when he saw the looks on their faces.

"No? Okay, um- Well, do you, Sadie's mom- I mean Lori, take David to be your... legally something husband? Through, uh, deathly illnesses... and regular illnesses, and healthy days?"

"I do." she muttered lowly, unable to express how badly this was going. 

"Great, um, same to you. David, do you take Lori to be your wife through blah blah blah, please say yes so this can be over."

"I do."

"Nice. You may, um, play tonsil hockey now." 

"Gross," Millie mumbled from the audience, looking over to Sadie who was dramatically gagging at his choice of words.

"Oh, wait! Aren't you supposed to do, like, vows or some sh- stuff?" Noah questioned, looking over to the two as they were quick to shake their heads.

"Nope, this can be over." 

"Wait! The rings!" he exclaimed, watching as a flustered Millie awkwardly got up from the audience with the cushion the rings were on. 

"Alright, put them on."

Millie looked to Noah, "I don't put them on!" she whisper yelled, instantly causing him to raise his arms. "You're the ring bearer!"

"The ring bearers don't put them on, stupid head!"

He rolled his eyes, going to grab the rings to put them on himself since Millie wasn't cooperating, although that was a quite difficult task since she slapped his hand away. "You're not supposed to put them on either!" she whispered.

"Oh my god, then who is!?" 

She cleared her throat, noticing that their attempt at quiet bickering had accidentally caused quite the scene before she extended her arm and held the rings out in between the two. "The rings."

Millie stepped back once the two of them took the rings, watching as they both put them on.

"Were we supposed to do this before they kissed and stuff?" Noah whispered as he leaned towards his stressed out friend.

"Probably." 

-

Don't you dare look back, just keep your eyes on me. I said you're holding back, she said shut up and dance with me. 

The music played throughout the open, disco themed room as people danced their hearts out. 

Finn was walking around in the crowded room, trying his best to find Millie since he had lost her a bit ago with all of the people dancing. 

He saw her for the first time during the ceremony when she held out the rings.

He was sitting pretty far back so he couldn't really make out much of her features, but it was her. He knows it was.