don't cry

Finn sighed for probably the twenty ninth time that night, his chin resting on his palm tiredly as he sat at one of the tables that was set up outside. Alone, since he literally didn't have anyone at the moment.

His brother was off most likely flirting with Sadie's older sister, and he couldn't find Millie after she had told him she needed a minute and then fled the building. 

He really needed to talk to her. About everything.

About how she just... forgot about the great thing they once had? A true friendship connection just over the phone?

He thought about so many ways today could go wrong in his head before he got here. Maybe that she was still upset with him for whatever he did to make her so angry, or she states everything that went wrong and makes him sound like such an asshole. But instead, she just forgot. 

Was he really that forgettable?

He took a sip of his water, setting the cup down on the table in front of him as he thought about everything. 

Fuck, he was a mess.

The night was nearly over, which disappointed him to say the least. A small part of him expected that maybe the things he thought could happen were unreasonable, and she would be happy to see him and catch up again, but that didn't happen.

So he was left here forgotten and barely had even talked to her. Wonderful. 

He looked up when he saw an unhappy Noah come stomping out of the studio, causing him to narrow his eyes slightly when he heard him muttering things under his breath to himself when he got closer. 

"Uh, is everything okay?"

"I swear to fucking- Oh, Finn." he muttered, deciding that it might not be the best idea to reflect his anger towards Finn when he did absolutely nothing wrong and still has no idea that he wasn't really talking to who he thought he was. "What-"

"Wait, have you talked to Millie yet?" 

"Briefly." he replied, causing Noah to nod in response.

"So you don't know about the Sophia shit right? And how she's a lying, backstabbing, psychopathic friend snatcher who-" 

"Woah, no. I haven't." he cut him off with slightly wide eyes, waiting to get filled in on whatever the hell happened. 

"Hmm, can I rant then? I was going to go home and make stress guacamole but my therapist says that it might be better to just talk it out with a friend. And since I no longer have any of those, maybe it would just be best to talk it out with you." 

Finn nodded, patting the white seat that was next to him as he watched Noah sit down on it. 

"Okay, so Sophia literally stole Millie from me and I made her mom spinach artichoke dip one time because she had forgotten to for her parents anniversary and I let her take all the credit and she literally payed me back by-"

"Wait, start from the beginning. That made literally no sense." 

"Ugh, I thought you were here to listen." Noah complained, crossing his arms as he leaned back in his chair.

"Wait, I'm kidding. You seem kind of soft so I want to make sure that I don't hurt your feelings and drive you away because you're the only person that I can talk to right now." he mumbled, looking down at his hands that were set on the table.

"How come? Don't you have Millie and Sadie?" 

"I mean, I technically have Sadie but I haven't talked to her about anything serious in the past, like, eight years of us being friends. I guess she wouldn't be the worst person to rant to but I don't want her to know I get sad, that's weird."