Chapter 4

I wake up the next morning with tessa missing from the bed. I sit up and give myself a second to wake up properly. I get dressed and make my way downstairs and still don't see tess anywhere.

"Morning. Have anyone seen tessa?" I ask karen.

"Ye she went over to Kim's house." She says while baking something im sure is gonna be delicious. I thank her and grab my phone to ring her.

"Hey you OK?" I ask when she finally picks up.

"Ye im fine why?" She says.

"Because you left this morning without saying anything." Im getting annoyed that she didn't say anything,what if she left without saying anything and then gets into an accident in the middle of nowhere but i won't know where she is.

"Ye i did. I left a note on the side of the bed for you." She bushes someone to be quiet in the background.

"Oh OK." My frustration dissapears and I make my way up to the bedroom to find the note while staying on the phone.

"Hardin could you meet me at Kim's. I havent been here long but I havent said anything about you being back and I dont want to keep it from them. They still think your dead remeber." I find the note that reads 'gone to Kim's house for a bit,be back soon xx' i keep the note in my beside table.

"Um ye sure I'll be over now." I hang up the phone and get in my car to go to Kim and Vance's house. If I remeber correctly there house is very modern and big. Very big. Im proved right when I make my way up the big driveway to the big white house completely made of glass from the front. I see Tessa making her way up the stairs through the window and she runs back down when she sees me coming. I park the car and make my way to the door. Tess let's me in and tells me to wait here while she gets Christian and Kim. I can hear them getting closer and im quite nervous. Im jot sure if they will be happy to see me or want nothing to do with me.

"HARDIN!!!" Im greeted by Smith running up to me and hugging me. I completely forgot about Smith.

"Omg!" Kim stands there in shock. That seems to be everyone's reaction at first,they don't say or do anything they just stand there with there mouth open and then the words come later. A lot of words. Christian makes his way over to me and pulls me in to a hug which is the last thing I expected.

"How the fuck are you here."he says and quickly corrects himself when he realises Smith is still standing right next to me. I spend the next hour explaining for ehat feels like the thousandth time what happend.

"Smith really missed you. I know you too weren't exactly bestfriends but he really looks up to you." Kim smiles.

"I will talk to him." I like Smith,he's not like most kids his age. He's grown so much now though. Last time i saw him he was barely up to my waist in height but now he's grown.a lot.

"How old is he now?" I ask Christian.

"Hes almost 12." Holy shit. No wonder he's grown so much. I get up to go find him. He's in his room laying on the bed with his eyes glued to his phone.

"hey." I say and stay in the door from.

"Hi."he sits up with haste.

"You can come in." I sit down on the bed next to him.

"Where have you been,the last time i saw you I was like 6." He continues to play on his phone.

"Um I left for a while. I needed to sort some things out" I try to stay as vague as possible.

"Kim never said anything to me but I heard her crying to dad that you were dead." Oh god.

"I dont know what to tell you kid but im not dead." I dont want to get into the details because he's still a child.