Chapter 24

"Hardin not now. Maybe later" his hands slowly move out of my shirt and I look away from his intense eyes.

"Hey whats wrong?" He tilts my head to look at him again.

"Nothing im just tired." I jump off the counter.

"Im gonna go get some sleep ok"

"Ok.goodnight." he looks upset when I say this. Im extremely grateful for how hardin has been lately and the amount of guilt I have for making him sleep on the couch for the last several weeks is consuming me.

"Would you like to join me?" His head snaps up to look at me.

"Really?" He can't contain the massive smile he has on his face.

"I mean only if you want to?" He nods his head quickly.

"Of course I want too." He follows me into the bedroom and flops down onto his side of the bed.

"Better?" I ask as I get into bed.

"You have no idea" he sighs as he joins me. I turn on my side to face him and he does the same.

"I really appreciate how patient and amazing you've been these last few weeks." I hope he knows how much it means to me.

"As much time as you need. I have a feeling therapy is going to be a big help." I put on a fake smile when he says that. I turn back over so im not facing him. I close my eyes and try to drift off into sleep. As tired as I am I cant sleep. I dont move but I just end up keeping my eyes closed and thinking about everything. I suddenly feel hardins arm pull me by my waist against his chest.

"I love you Tess. I know your sleeping but I need to get this off my chest without paying for the wrath I know I will get. I relapsed and im scared of what will happen if I loose control. I tried really fucking hard but I gave in and im scared that if I tell you you'll be disappointed in me or leave me again and I cant let that happen. I love you too much to risk that." Oh god. Theres always one thing to add to everything. I don't know what to do now. Hardin has no idea I know now but I cant just do nothing.

I spent the whole night thinking about hardin and what I should do. Its around 8 in the morning now and hardin is still passed out,his head resting on my chest and his arms tightly wrapped around me. I slowly move his hands off me and roll over so his head falls onto the pillow. I climb out of bed and make myself some coffee. Im gonna need a few cups with the amount of thinking I'm doing. I decide not to wake hardin up because I know hes tired from sleeping on the couch all the time and I also need time to think about how I should act and if I should tell him I know. Curiosity gets the best of me and I start checking the cupboards for alcohol. I dont drink and hardins not supposed to drink. He's never been out long enough during the day to go get drunk without me noticing so he has to be drinking here while I'm sleeping and he's in the living room. I check every cupboard and I find the bottle at the back of the cupboard behind all the rice and pasta. I pull it out and leave it on the counter hopefully hardin will explain and tell me the truth.