Chapter 14

"

"

Miss young, are you okay?" No im not okay I feel like im going to pass out. How am I pregnant. How is this happening? What will hardin say? Will he be happy or annoyed?

"Um ye I think im okay?" Im not okay.

"If you come over here we can do a quick scan and see" i walk over to the bed thingy thats lined with tissue and i lift my shirt. She puts some weird gel stuff on and moves the weird tool thing around my lower stomach. She points to the screen for me to look.

"See that little bean in the middle.thats your baby."

"Its so tiny. Are you positive im pregnant."

"Yes im pretty positive. If you go into the bathroom and take a pregnancy test you can use it to tell you partner." I still cant believe this is happening. She hands me the pregnancy tesy and I slowly walk to the bathroom trying to process everything that's happening right now. This is the longest 2 minutes of my life. The timer on the test keeps flashing and I've never been so annoyed by anything in my whole life.
The timer stops and 'positive' shows up on the digital test. I sit back on the toilet and take a second. I feel like i want to throw up again. I turn around quickly and open the toilet so I dont puke on the floor. Ugh. I get back up and wipe my face. I go back into the doctors office and she gives me a 'i told you so' look.

"From the ultrasound the baby was conceived approximately about a month ago or so." A month ago. I've been pregnant this whole time.

"Um I've had alcohol and stuff since then. Will that effect the baby at all." I was so drunk on the flight back from Santorini and i know your not supposed to drink alcohol when your pregnant.

"You should be OK because your still so early into your pregnancy but don't drink anymore. I would advise that you don't tell any family members or friends till after your first trimester. Considering your medical history there is a chance of miscarriage so just take it easy ok." I forgot about my chances of having a miscarriage. How am i supposed to tell haridin about this. He's probably already home now waiting for me and i dont want to tell him yet.

"If you come back in for an appointment in 2 weeks we can do another ultrasound and see how the baby is doing." I nod and leave the office as quickly as possible. I end up sitting in the car staring at the test for at least 30 minutes before actually moving. I need to get home and im not telling hardin anything about this until im at least a few more weeks into the pregnancy.

"Hey there you are. I missed you" he kisses me and wraps his arms around my waist.

"I missed you too." I try to look as natural as possible and not act like im absolutely freaking the fuck out and panicking inside.

"How was the doctors?"

"Um it was OK. I've just got a stomach bug or something so he just said to rest." Im trying to ignore the fact that im flat out lying to my boyfriend and the doctor didn't just tell me that im a month or more pregnant with his child.