Chapter 23

Hardins phone rings on the table and I get up and go to the kitchen to start making food. He looks over at me weirdly while talking to whoever was on the phone. I ignore it and carry on with the food. Hardin walks out of the room and into our bedroom. I wonder who's calling him? A few minutes later hardin walks into the room looking slightly heated.

"Is there anything you want to talk to me about?" He asks. His question catches me off guard because I have nothing important that I need to tell him.

"No why? Who was on the phone?" I ask

"Your therapist." Why?

"Wait why is my therapist calling you?" Im confused.

"There isn't anything that you said you would talk to me about that would help you in therapy?" It suddenly clicks in my head what he's talking about but I dont want him to find out about what happened in the past so I try and play it off like I have no idea what he's talking about.

"No not really.Not that I can think off." He raises his eyebrows at me.

"Promise me." Fuck.

"Yep."

"Why? What did my therapist say?" I try and act lost.

"Oh he just asked if you had talked to me about anything that has happened in the past." Why is my therapist so fucking pushy. Its none of his buisness and now he's interfering in my relationship. Its my choice and I dont want to tell hardin about me and trying to kill myself. Thats a bit fucked up and I know it would destroy him if he found out the only reason I tried to do it was because I thought he was gone.

"You feel comfortable talking to me about anything and everything right?" Now he's doubting my trust in him.

"Of course I do. Why wouldn't I?" He shrugs.

"I dont know im just being paranoid. Why would your therapist ask me that then?" Because he told me to tell you.

"I have no idea. I will ask him at our next session." As much as I hate lying to hardin,I dont want to bring the past up. Its in the past why can't we just focus on the future.

"Do you mind if we do your next session together?" Oh shit. Here come the excuses.

"Why?" I ask.

"I just want to understand where your at as well."

"Um. Do you mind if I do it alone? I'll get all shy around you." He sighs and we both sit down on the couch.

"Is that so. You still get shy around me?" He questions. Everyone gets shy around their partner now and again. I nod and he pulls me closer.

"Do you still get butterflies as well?" This whole conversation took a quick turn. His hand runs up and down my arm before gripping my wrists and pulling me on top of him. I dont say anything I just nod. I would be worried if I didnt have any butterflies with hardin. The spark and excitement would have just burnt out.