Chapter 5

"Where did that come from?" I ask. "The shops." She states the obvious. I roll my eyes and she jumps in splashing water everywhere. I wipe my eyes and she swims over to me and hooks her arms around ny neck. "Ugh i wish we could have this all the time.just us alone with some quiet." She sighs. "What do you mean?" I mean there is a solution to all of this if she moved in with me but we kinda have to be together for that to happen so im planning on making it official soon but not tonight. I want it to be a surprise because ive only been back for 2 weeks but if it feels right then I dont care how long its been. "I just feel like so much is happening and im stressed all the time." She wipes the sleep from her eyes. "How about we get away for a while?" I've never been on holiday with tess. London doesn't count because its home for me but I want to go somewhere where we know no one and we can just spend our time at the beach and by the pool. "I cant. I've got work and my mum and a thousand other things i need to do. You can though.... actually no you can't i don't want you to leave." She changes her mind. I pull her onto my lap and tell her that i will figure out a way to make it happen. I can tell she needs a break away from everything. When she's asleep tonight I'm going to have a look if there's any holidays available in the upcoming weeks. I give her a quick peck on the lips and we swim around for a few more minutes before getting out. Its getting late now and tess is already asleep on the sofa downstairs by the time I finish my shower. I lift her up and put her to bed. She's been really tired recently and I have no idea why. I go back downstairs,grab my laptop and search for any last minute holidays available. A few options come up. Greece,Spain and Italy seem like the most popular searches because uts the only thing coming up. I want to take tess somewhere beautiful. I pull up another tab and search 'amazing locations for relaxing vacations' I press enter and some beautiful pictures come up of the beach and cliffs. I immediately know where we are going when I see the photos. Satorini. I go on a few websites and end up finding a date for us to go next week. Eventhough thats extremely short notice i think it will be good for us but i don't want to mess up any of tessas appointments for the many weddings shes planning and make her even more stressed. I take a leap of faith and decide that tommorow im gonna go visit Tessa's mother. It could go one of 2 ways. She could still hate me or she might not remeber me. If she doesn't remeber me it will work in my favour because she won't know about all the things that I did to tessa in the past. I call karen and tell her about my plans and ask her if she knows about any of Tessa's appointments coming up. "Have a look in her calender. Its a little black notebook. It might be in her bag but don't tell her I told you that." I thank her and go into the kitchen where her bag is. Its right on top so I dont feel like a criminal going through another womans handbag. I flick through the pages and its FULL of dates and appointments.One appointment catches my eye 'meeting with private investigator'. I choose that im not gonna bring this up to tessa because landon told me about how tessa hired a private investigator for years trying to find me,that and i dont want to tell jer I was looking through her planner. I flick to next week and she has only 2 days that she's not working but knowing tess she's gonna be busy planning the weddings those days anyway. She has an appointment with the cake bakery and and a meeting with the bride as well as arranging the seating plan with the groom and bride the next day. I dont knwo how she does all this. I decide to take a major risk and ring the bride. "Hi is this Katie?" I ask. "Um ye it is. Is this Tessa speaking?" Do I sound like tessa.no. "no im Tessas-" what the hell am I. "Im Tessa's boyfriend I guess. Well soon to be boyfriend. O was wondering if you could push your appointment with tessa back a week." I definelty shouldnt be doing this but its worth a try at least. "Why may I ask?" I guess she deserves to know as it is her appointment for her wedding im asking to cancel. "Im planning on taking tess for a holiday abroad and asking her to be my girlfriend there but shes been insanely busy and stressed about planning your wedding that she doesn't have any time free. I know she has 2 days free next week but knowing tess she's gonna be planning on her days off as well." I hope this works. "Of course that's no problem. She really has been amazing with helping plan the wedding and we are ahead of schedule anyways." Thank god. "Ok thank you so much."i hang up and book the hotel and flights for next week. I print our boarding passes off and go to bed. Tess is still passed out on the bed and i decide to unpack all my stuff properly. I find my box full of the stuff that means the most to me. I open the box and the ring that I found in the box in the woods is still shining in all its glory. It really is a beautiful ring and it gives me an idea. I hatch my plan and go to bed.