17 | FOOD FIGHT

3RD PERSONS VIEW

3RD PERSONS VIEW

Stars twinkling through the starry night, lights hued gold in each cabin as they prepared for bed. Soon enough, lights would go out and everyone will fall into a peaceful slumber, however, that wasn't the case for tonight.

In the dining hall, stationed under the buffet table were two Chinese boys. Hendery furrowed his eyebrows together, a questioning look plastered on his face as he glowered down at Xiaojun who had snuck in some bits of food in their corner.

"You know those are for—"

"Shhh let this boy have a few seconds of happiness." Xiaojun cuts him off, a finger hovering over Hendery's chapped lips. A smile cast on Xiaojun's face before going back to what he was doing– which was thoroughly mixing his hot ramen.

He reached out for the red Pringles can, carefully taking the lid off, not wanting to create any loud noises. Once it was off, he pulled out one chip, instantly placing the noodles on top of one side.

Hendery deadpanned, "There's no way in hell that'll taste good."

Xiaojun rolled his eyes, mocking him with a fake smile before plopping the chip-carrying-ramen into his mouth. Interesting flavors bursting in his mouth, a stupefied grin resurfacing as he hummed in content. "Lucas would love to taste this."

"How about you try—"

"Shhh." Hendery immediately cuts him off upon hearing raucous chatter coming from outside. "They're here."

"Who is?"

"Cabin four."

"You know we should really give them a name." Xiaojun murmured, taking a quick sip from his soda can before hurling forwards to peep out from their hiding spot.

"Congrats to us!"
"Woohoo!"
"Let's fucking celebrate!!"

"Uhh, guys do you think we even deserve this?" Their laughter died down, attention shifting onto one of their cabin mates who looked awfully nervous. Restless figure, hands nervously clasping each other as he forced up a smile, "I- I mean...It's- I'm happy that we won- really!"

"Are we gonna start?" Yangyang whispered closely towards Renjun who shook his head, listening discreetly to Cabin four's conversation. "He's trying to say something...apparently." The latter replied, jabbing his thumb towards the group upfront.

"Then suck it up!" A familiar voice resonated in the allegedly 'empty' dining hall. The black-haired boy scrunched his face, throwing a glare at the smaller, "We won, that's what matters."

"B-But...we cheated."

Hendery's jaw dropped in an instant, eyes gouging wide as the words rang in his ear loud.

Did I hear that right? They...cabin four...cheated.

A harsh coughing sound emitted from the boy beside him as Xiaojun punched his chest in hopes to stop. Hendery panicked, hands scurrying to quickly pat down Xiaojun's intense struggle to breath as he had choked on the noodles he was slurping on.

"Drink the water, the water, the water! Xiaojun- hurry up! And don't be so loud!" You could easily see the stricken demeanor Hendery was executing, panic was flashing before his eyes, afraid that his friend would choke to death and they would get caught by cabin four.

"Did you guys hear that?"
"Sounded like coughing to me."
"Y-Yeah...I heard it too."

"No one wants to hear your opinion, Jeongin." Dowon spat, jeering at the poor boy who cowered back in fear.

Renjun facepalmed, running his hand down his face fully before giving hand signals towards Chenle and Lucas. "Go- now."

Without another word, Yangyang reached up and began flickering the lights, causing cabin four to suddenly huddle into a more compact cluster.

"Who- who's that? Who turned the lights off and on?" Juwon stammered, gulping down the lump forming at the back of his throat in fear.

"They didn't tell me anything about ghosts here!" Seojun exclaimed, clinging onto the boy beside him who happened to be Jeongin. "Jeongin! Aren't you afraid or anything!?"

"I am afraid! Just- just don't talk to me for awhile, can't you see me shaking in f-fear!?" Jeongin yelled back, lips curved down as he tugged onto Seojun's jacket.

Lights kept flickering on and off, soft whispers going around as every time the light went on, Dowon would flinch upon seeing a white figure standing by, but when it flashed again, there was none.

Chills running down his spine, wanting to reach to someone beside him but there was no body, well, except for one. The blonde haired Australian who had the thick accent, stars dusted on his cheeks, brows furrowed.

Dowon stared at him helplessly, eyes crying out for someone to hold onto. "F-Felix! Hey man, we're frie—"

"Don't touch me, please." The Australian moved away, grabbing onto Jeongin and Seojun instead leaving Dowon dumbfounded.

Chenle crawled over to the group, reaching out quickly to grab their legs causing one to scream out, petrified.

"OH MY FUCKING GOD SOMEONE TOUCHED ME- MOM! I WANT MY MOM!"

Chenle smirked and reached out, and yanked an arm down, a squeal erupted from Jeongin, instantly slapping whoever was near and that happened to be Seojun.

"I DONT WANT TO DIE PLEASE, I'M TOO YOUNG!"
"HAVE MERCY ON US UNKNOWN GHOST- I- TAKE DOWON INSTEAD!"
"WAIT- WHY ME!?"
"CAUSE YOU'RE FUCKING RUDE TO JEONGIN!"

Renjun laughed along with Yangyang and everything was going perfectly as planned until Yangyang had forgot to switch the light off, revealing a Chenle and Lucas who were crawled down onto the floor, frozen as their arms outstretched to touch the boy's legs.

Felix gaped at them, "I- WHAT THE FUCK!?"

Hendery grimaced, "Xiao, that's our cue! Now!" He grabs two cupcakes from the set beside him before throwing it out from their hiding spot, landing somewhere near the cabin four boys.

Jeongin furrowed his brows together, "Raining cupcakes!?"

"What do you—"

Juwon was cut off when the door to the kitchen bursts open revealing the Nacho Average Squad holding different types of leftover food.

"FOOD FIGHT!!"

• • •
so
cabin four cheated 🤡