18 | SUMMER CAMP FUN

3RD PERSONS VIEW

3RD PERSONS VIEW

Food flew everywhere. On their clothes, on the floor, on their faces, on the walls, and even on the ceilings. Thunderous yells as dolphin-like screams exploded from the dining hall which wasn't left unnoticed by the camp counselors.

Yes, that's right, Chenle and Jeongin's screams were so loud that they have reached almost the entire campsite.

Johnny bursts into the hall quick, mouth agape as Yuta stood behind him, fazed by what mess they had created. Despite the counselors heavy presence by the doorway, that didn't stop the group of teenagers from charging at each other.

It was like a battlefield. Smudged icing on the walls and floor, tattered cakes and ruined pizzas slapped onto the ground. There were even flying noodles coming from Xiaojun's part of the hall.

It was a mess- a very big mess.

"Boys." Johnny called out, but no one even glanced at him.

"Yikes- that's gonna stain." Yuta pointed out, seeing Donghyuck rubbing dark chocolate cream onto Dowon's white shirt, a wide smirk spread across his face in satisfaction.

"Would've been perfect-" Donghyuck pauses, tongue running across his bottom lips, "if only your face wasn't so messed up."

"Burn." Yuta giggled, clapping in joy as he watched them argue.

Johnny sighed harshly, face scrunching up in annoyance and walked up to them to grab their attention. Eyes displayed pure pique, pressing his lips together, halting in the middle where the presumed border was between the groups fighting.

Noticing the tall counselor, everyone had stiffened up. Arms raised, some halfway up as they clenched whatever mess they were about to throw.

Minjun coughed awkwardly, lips pinched tight, reaching up wipe the frosting that someone had smeared on her face awhile ago. Jeno crinkled his nose, knowing how much they were in big trouble.

Jisung and Chenle had docked down under the tables, their laughter dying down upon noticing that Johnny had entered the scene.

Xiaojun yanked them up, telling them immediately to stay quiet, his hands leaving the mashed potato he was trying to mix with some condiment.

Yangyang elbowed Donghyuck who began avoiding Johnny's eyes that flashed anger. Mark whistled lowly, letting go of the milk carton he was about to throw.

Lucas, who still wore the plain white bedsheet over him, tilted his head to the side in confusion. "Wait- why did we sto—" not being able to finish his sentence as Renjun had slapped a hand over his mouth to keep him shut.

Hendery continued to glare down at their 'enemies' which were obviously Cabin Four. After knowing that they had cheated to win, it had annoyed him so much.

Jaemin, on the other hand, was the only one who wasn't smothered in food. Although Mark did rubbed a bit of chocolate on him awhile ago– even the younger ones kept taunting him by using strawberries.

However, he was nowhere seen at the dining hall. The blue-haired introvert had left before it even got worst.

Johnny arched a brow up, giving them a not-so-friendly stare, "Care to explain this mess?"

• • •

"Okay, for the record, they cheated." Mark professed, pointing a finger towards the door.

Donghyuck agreed with him quickly, nodding his head while at it, "We just trashed the dining hall- nothing much...I guess."

Johnny sighed exasperated, facepalming as he faced his two known friends. The rest of them had been dismissed to go take a shower, that is after they cleaned the mess they had created.

It was found out that Seojun and Dowon from Cabin Four had snuck around while the counselors were figuring out where to hide the flags. After finding out the locations, they had immediately ran back to their group as if they heard nothing and used what they have heard as an advantage to win.

"Yeah, trashing the dining hall isn't 'nothing much' Donghyuck." Johnny said sarcastically with an eye roll.

"Okay, hyung, we're sorry." Mark stated, "I know it's very childish and well- yeah childish for us to do that but come on!"

"It's summer camp! Summer camp fun that is."

Johnny deadpanned, eyes squinting at them as he scrutinized the two closely, "I'm keeping an eye on you two- especially you Donghyuck, I know for a fact that this was your idea."

"...okay, but they deserve to be punished too, our group along with Cabin Eight already cleaned the dining hall." Donghyuck pointed out, using hand gestures as he reasoned with the older. "I suggest they take over the kitchen duty you placed on us."

"Maybe two weeks or more," Donghyuck shrugged his shoulders, "No- wait, make it the rest of the camp for Dolost."

"Who the heck is Dolost?" Mark shot him a questioning look, brows furrowed together in all perplexity.

"Oh just some stupid name for a stupid person."

Yuta giggled, taking a sip form his drink as he waved his arms, "I- I agree with Hyuck! Well, only if Mark does."

Johnny glared at the Japanese male, "Shush, you're drunk."

Yuta scowled, raising up his fists, "Am not." He retorted defensively before drinking down the bottle he was holding. "I'm...gonna go to sleep. See y'all tomorrow."

"You two could go now, just know I'm still not okay with what happened."

Donghyuck gave Johnny a sheepish smile before dragging Mark out of the cabin's counselor.

• • •
jaeshit really didn't join them 💀