29 | STRAWBERRIES

3RD PERSONS VIEW

3RD PERSONS VIEW

"Can you believe it? We're gonna have an actual camp trip next week- what if we die in the woods?"

"Don't worry, I'll make sure to bury your body." Renjun wriggled his eyebrows at Lucas who stared at him in pure horror. Lucas eyed him suspiciously, cupping his mouth before leaning towards Chenle, "What if Renjun's the one who took Bella?"

"You do know I can hear you, right? I'm just right here." The latter uttered, deadpanning at them. Lucas shot a glare, "Cereal Killer."

"You do know you're one too, right?"

Lucas was caught tongue-tied, not knowing what to fire back anymore, he huffed. Rolling his eyes dramatically before tugging Chenle and Jisung with him, "Come on, we don't associate with Cereal Killers."

"But you're—" Renjun was cut off immediately when Lucas turned his back on the male, walking off while dragging Chenle and Jisung with him. Renjun sighed, "Whatever."

"You okay?" Hendery walked up to Minjun who seemed rather upset as she slumped her shoulders beside Mark, who kept throwing her numerous jokes to lighten her up. Mark looked up at the Chinese boy, a scowl on his face, "She's been down ever since the game."

Hendery frowned, taking a seat beside Minjun, nudging lightly. The girl drew her attention towards him, raising a brow as she waited for him to speak up. Hendery gave her a look and she sighed, "I'm okay—"

"No, you're not." Hendery interrupted her abruptly, both eyebrows raised to give more depth to his expression.

Minjun forced a laugh out, a smile played on her lips. "I'm good! I swear."

Mark placed a hand on her shoulder, "Minjun."

She huffed, "Fine. I'm not- you got me."

"What's wrong?"

"I don't know- I just..." her gaze landed on Jeno who sat with Lucas, Chenle, Jisung, and Yangyang. "It's nothing serious." She covers up, giving them another smile though they knew it was forced.

Hendery looked over to the other table then at Minjun, "Is it...Jeno?" Mark's eyes widened out of curiously. What does he mean by...Jeno? Knowing Jeno's interest in Minjun, he had his ears listening keenly.

Minjun pursed her lips together, wondering why she was upset. Sure, she felt quite off when Jeno ignored her, but maybe Jeno just didn't see her at all. "No. I'm good, seriously." She insisted, pushing away from the table and standing up. "I'm gonna go get a snack."

Hendery nodded, still a bit worried. Once she was gone, he leaned towards Mark, "What's going on?"

Mark shrugged, "I don't know what's going on with him." He said innocently and Hendery deadpanned, "You do know I know she's a girl, right?"

Mark shook his head, his eyes widened again, "I certainly do not?!"

Hendery sniggered, "Well, I know now, and what's with Jeno? Is he- does he know? Wait- does he like her?" He emphasized, narrowing down his gaze at Mark who flinched in his seat. Shaking his hands vigorously, "W-What? Tss, no."

"Really?"

Mark nodded, gulping down the nerves that rose up inside of him. "Yeah. I mean, yeah. He doesn't."

"Good," Hendery mumbled making Mark shift in his seat, going into deep thoughts about what Hendery had just said. Okay- now what does he mean by 'good'!?

Meanwhile, Jaemin was seated somewhere far from both cabins. A book in his grasp as he ignored everyone around him, trying to indulge himself deeper into the fantasies of his book. However, all his focus washed away when a bowl of strawberries entered his ray of vision. He furiously looked up, a bit shocked to see the blue-haired girl. Jaemin scoffed, looking back down at the pages of his book.

Minjun cleared her throat loudly, drumming her fingers rhythmically onto the wooden table. "Is this seat taken?"

No response.

She pressed her lips together, running her fingers through her blue hair, the awkward tension rising. "Uhh...Jaem—"

"Does it look like its taken?" He finally responded though harshly as he flipped to the next paged of his book.

Minjun winced, forgetting the fact that Jaemin could be a bit harsh with his words sometimes. "Jeez, seems like Jaeshit's actually back." That earned her a groan of frustration from Jaemin. He shot her a glare, "Can't you see I want to be alone?"

Minjun bit back the urge to snap at him, rolling her eyes, grabbing the bowl of strawberries. "Wow- just when I thought we could be friends."

"I thought I made it clear that we aren't?" He stated followed by a scoff.

"Oh right," Minjun quipped sarcastically, "Shit-shit buddies."

Jaemin sighed, "Minjun, what the fuck do you want?"

"Can't I just sit down here? Why are you so irritated?"

"I want to be alone, can you at least respect that? Just because you're a girl doesn't mean I'll act nice to you." Jaemin spat his words echoing in Minjun's head. The girl gritted her teeth, "I never said—"

"Just leave me alone, Minjun. Go talk to Hendery or what." He muttered under his breath and Minjun heard that clearly despite the hushed tone.

Minjun took a deep breath, restraining herself from talking back, and decided to just let it go for now. Placing the bowl of strawberries back on the table, she mumbled, "Here, have a strawberry." And with that, she left, striding towards where the others sat.

Jaemin knitted his eyebrows together, eyeing the bowl disgustingly. "I strongly dislike strawberries." He grunted but grabbed the bowl nonetheless. His gaze then trailed over to where Minjun sat, seeing Xiaojun give her a cake while Mark and Hendery kept trying to cheer her up. That's when they met eyes with Jaemin, giving him a stern look to which he scoffed at.

Diverting his gaze back to his own table, eyes settling onto the bowl of strawberries. Despite feeling disgusted and annoyed by the fruit on his table, he reluctantly grabbed one. "It won't hurt to eat one..." he drawled, plopping the fruit into his mouth. Chewing it slowly, his face contorted abhorrently, wanting to spit it out yet he didn't. "...I mean, Minjun was the one who gave it to me."

• • •
🍓🍓🍓