Roger Daltrey #6

A/N - Firstly, I want to thank kit_m_eastling for letting me use one of her imagines for the first scene of this little story! It was super kind of you and I can't thank you enough!!

Secondly, I hope it's not too long and I hope you enjoy it, and thirdly, let me know if you want a part two and I'll see what I can come up with. Until then, enjoy reading and I'll see you soon with another update.

Lots of love, Alice xx 🦋

———————————————————————

As Alice lay in bed that night, numerous thoughts crowded her mind. She was thinking about Roger. Her and Roger. Alice feared that the sheer volume and intensity of these thoughts would wake the sleeping man beside her.

But he didn't stir. He lay on his side, facing away from Alice, his beautiful golden hair spread over the pillow. Alice fought the urge to reach over and wake him, to tell him what she was thinking. He had caught on to her brooding mood this afternoon but didn't press the matter, thinking she'd just had a bad day.

But the day had been so... so complicated. And Alice needed to do something about it.

"Rog?" Alice whispered, reaching over and gently shaking her boyfriend's shoulder. "Wake up."

"Alice?" He mumbled sleepily. "What time is it? Are you ok?" He turned round and faced her, milky moonlight seeping in from the curtains and illuminating his magnificent hair and his handsome, angular face. He looked almost ethereal, making Alice draw in breath sharply. His blue eyes were tired but round with concern as he scrutinised Alice.

"What's the matter, love?" He asked. "Can't you sleep?"

Alice sighed and pulled the quilt round her shoulders. "I... I don't know..." Then she burst into tears.

"Alice!" Roger looked alarmed but pulled her to him, resting his head on the top of her head and wrapping his arms around her. His warmth soothed Alice but she cried harder, seemingly unable to stop. "Hey, hey," Roger whispered, stroking her hair. "Shh. You're alright, I'm right here. What's the matter, eh?"

Wiping her eyes and shifting away slightly, Alice looked deeply into Roger's face. He looked understandably shocked but expectant. He was waiting for answers.

Both of them were, in their own different ways.

Alice took a deep breath. "Roger... I... I don't know how to say this, but..."

"You want to break up?"

"WHAT?"

"I get it," Roger said glumly, looking away. "I knew you were going to say that. I'm sorry I've been a pig at times, but I'll miss you so much, Ali."

"ROGER!"

"What?"

"That's not what I meant!" Alice said shrilly, trying not to giggle at his ridiculous outburst. Then her face fell. "Wait, were you waiting to tell me we're finished?"

Roger shook his head fervently, ringlets bouncing. "No! No! I would never say that!"

"Well. I think you've the wrong end of the stick, Roger," said Alice, picking up his hand and kissing it. "Because I was going to tell you that you're going to be a dad."

Roger's eyes widened. "Ali? You're serious? You're pregnant?!"

"Yes!" Alice said, tears leaking from her eyes. She was smiling. "I took about five tests this morning! Alison and Kim thought I'd gone mad. They knew it immediately of course, but I wasn't too-" She was cut off by Roger pulling her into a bone-crushing hug, laughing and crying.