Roger Daltrey #7

A/N - Another Roger inspired imagine however this time based on the film he was in titled 'McVicar'. Spoilers ahead!

I hope you enjoy!

Lots of love, Alice xx 🦋

———————————————————————

A loud knocking on the door pulled me from my thoughts. I set the mug on the counter and walked to the door and pulled the latch.

"Wha-" I cut myself off.

"Heya luv," his voice rang through my ears.

"JOHN!" I squealed. He quickly brought me into a hug and placed a gentle kiss on my cheek before walking to the fridge and helping himself to a bottle of beer, before sitting down in the arm chair.

"How've you been?" He asked casually.

"How have I been? You mean how have I been since you got put in prison, and left your wife and child alone?! Yeah, I've been great thanks!"

"Look, I already told ya, you should've had an a-" he stopped.

"You should've got rid of him." He took a sip of his beer.

"You think you can just walk back in here and act like nothing has happened?!"

"Well, yeah, you are my wife!" He replied, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"You went to prison! You're son can't even remember you, he doesn't think he has a dad!"

"I didn't want to leave! It's not like I had a choice!"

"You chose to commit armed robbery John! You signed up for the consequences when you committed the crime!"

"Look," he placed the bottle down on the table beside the chair he was sitting in, "I'm not planning going back in there."

"You didn't plan on going in there in the first place, yet here we are." I knew I was being petty but I couldn't help it, I loved him, I still do but he threw it all away.

"Just let me speak!"

"Sorry," I mumbled, rubbing my arm and looking down at the ground.

He walked up to me and placed both of his hands on my upper arms.

"Look at me," he spoke softly, "please," his voice broke.

"I'm here to stay. For good this time, if you'll let me," he searched my eyes.

I nodded, "yeah... I've missed you," I placed my forehead against his.

"Do you want to see Russ? He's asleep but you can see him," he nodded as I showed him the way into his sons room.
"He looks just like you John!"

I showed him into the bedroom and small tears formed in his eyes.

"You can see him properly in the morning," I whispered as I led him out of the room.

"I want him to know who I am," John spoke out of nowhere as we made it to our bedroom.

"No, John.. that's not a good idea.."

"I've told you, I want him to know who I am! Because if you don't tell him, then I will," he stated.

"John?" I asked, turning towards him.

"Hmm?"

"Promise me, you'll never leave us again," my voice broke.

"I promise. I promise you, I will never leave you again, I couldn't bear to," he replied, kneeling in front of me with one hand on the back of my neck and the other holding my hand.

"We'll go to Australia, make a new life for ourselves. We won't have to worry about anything," he said smiling.

"That sounds lovely," I smiled, "we'll have to see if Russ likes the idea first," I finished.

"Leave me to that, we can have some father son time," he smiled as I nodded.

"I love you John."

"I love you too darling."