Chapter 16

They ran.

Panic flooding through them as the severity of their situation sank in. 

Because their plan had failed.

They ran back towards the safety of the roofed area, staying a safe distance away from the fight and squatting to hide their name tags. 

Sapnap began quickly typing in an emergency message in chat as George broke open a hole in the wall observing the fight.

The hunters had found their coordinates and built a portal to that exact location in the overworld.

It was another surprise attack one that was certainly successful as George noted the numerous deaths. 

They appeared out of nowhere, killing the players near their newly made portal and breaking the spawner. 

They were outsmarted.

Again.

"How the fuck did they crack our code?" George managed to ask through his breaths. 

His friend grunted, the stress rising through him as he sent out the warning. "The spies, George. I don't know how the hell they were able to relay the info back to them, but we were probably just careless."

George winced, the heat of the nether getting to him as his hands began sweating.

He looked back over at what was once the spawner, watching in horror at the blood bath it was. 

A part of him wanted to run in, a part of him wanted to try and save them. 

But that would have just been a death wish, and he knew it.

"Back up is on it's way." Sapnap said, briefly. "100 players are staying by the trap in case they try going through it, the rest are headed here." 

George nodded, a new sense of relief washing over him. 

Still, it would take 30 minutes at the least for them to arrive, and they really were short on time. 

"How do we know who can respawn?" He asked, already anticipating a fight.

Sapnap didn't look back it him, his eyes focused on the players as he tried making out their names. "You'll be able to tell from the way they fight. How recklessly they attack you."

And as they waited George fiddled with his sword, his heart pounding on his chest as he digested the situation around him. 

The players at the spawner began scattering, most of them were dead, and the others were being chased as they ran away.

And George felt that same fear in his chest rise once again.

Because those hunters had only two goals. 

To break the spawners. 

And to kill them all. 

"Listen George," Sapnap said, turning to face him, but George shivered at the eye contact, his friend's expression being so serious and cold. "We need to find another blaze spawner and fast, before they do." 

He stood up, revealing his name tag, as he surveyed all the directions. 

"We haven't explored that way yet so I thin-"

He was cut off by an attack from above, someone who broke a hole in the roof above them and dropped down to attack him with his sword. 

There was no time to react as the attack landed, bouncing off of his armor, but lightly grazing the skin on his arm.