Chapter 2

Its the next day of my internship, I wake up bright and early to the sound of the door bell ringing. I rush to the door to see who is here so early, The Mailman stands there with two packages, one of them has flowers while the other is a neatly wrapped champagne bottle, I thank the mailman and get back to getting ready for a fresh new day.

The minute I get dressed I rush to read the beautiful envelopes which came with it, the flowers were from Lucas. That was his gesture to apologize for whatever happened, he ended the letter by simply requesting me to meet him on the terrace as soon as all the customers and staff leaves. My heart starts beating rapidly!
The Champagne is from Eden, my stomach storms with butterflies as I read in the letter that he would like to take me to his favorite place in the woods to show me the sunset. He asks me to be ready by 6:00pm.
Hearing Cora’s voice I come back to the present. I realized I had to meet two charming men tonight and I needed to look presentable. I rush to my wardrobe to find just the perfect look I needed, I wear a maroon v neck top with a beautiful and fit leather skirt.

I rush to the restaurant with Cora and spill the tea along the way, Cora teases me to stay safe! I finish all my tasks till the evening and I soon use the washroom to freshen up, I look at my watch and its 5:30.I walk up to Lucas’s Office and as I enter he looks at me as if I am the prettiest girl, his eyes feel set on the way I move, his lips partly open ,amazed by my body! I clear my throat and I humbly ask him,” Lucas, Sorry Lucas Sir I would like to leave for the rest of the evening”. He seems surprised!

“Did you receive my letter?”
“I did I can assure you I will be back by the time the restaurant closes”,
His face immediately lights up, “I will be looking forward to see you tonight Layla”
I rush to the exit and I see Eden, he looks annoyingly charming in his White shirt and black pant. My jaw drops he is standing in front of a red Ferrari! I couldn’t believe we were going on a drive in this. Eden asks for my hand and gently places a kiss on it, my cheeks turn red.
He opens the door for me, I admire his simple gestures, He is such a gentleman! We talk all the way to the secret spot; it is a beautiful wooden cabin on the top of the mountain! The back of the wooden cabin opens up to the sunset point, you can see the beautiful sun setting and we reached right on time, my eyes were busy glaring at that beautiful moment.

After the sun peacefully sets, I turn my head towards Eden to start a conversation, but his eyes are already fixated on me, he smiles at me and whispers, “Layla, you are stunning, you don’t even know the effect you have on me! Most girls would spend time with me for business affairs or publicity stunts but you, you have a spark, WE have a spark!”

I blush at the word “we”; His hand gently strokes the strand of hair me behind my ear. I ask him in a scared voice, “What Happened at the restaurant…. That night when you pushed me against the wall?” He looks away, his cheeks turning red, “Usually I am always in control but you are irresistible, I can’t help myself” He lets out a charming chuckle…
Suddenly, my phone starts ringing, Its Cora! I leave Eden for a moment and I gesture towards him that its important. Cora seems very worried; she quickly tells me!

“LAYLA! You won’t believe what happened, Tabita was caught getting head in the washroom by one of the waiters!” My eyes grow wide on hearing this, Tabita broke the staff policy. Lucas had clearly stated that the staff is not allowed to get intimate in the restaurant premises! I inform Cora that I will be there after an hour and I end the call!
I ask Eden if we can leave right now? He agrees and we both walk to the car, I apologize to Eden for asking to leave quickly, he lets out a sigh and says, “Layla don’t apologize to me, I understand you may have an emergency at your internship”.

The drive back at the restaurant was fun, Eden and I talk about the most embarrassing experiences we had in college, we return to the restaurant and he walks me to the entrance, Before I can leave. he pulls me back and hugs me. His arms wrap around my body, claiming my body as his, I smell his strong scent and for some reason I can’t help but find warmth and comfort in his arms! He places a warm kiss on my cheeks and lets me go!
I rush back inside to find a chaos in the kitchen, the restaurant was empty. Looks like they shut it down early. Lucas was standing on the other side of the kitchen, His face was red with anger, whereas Tabita and the other staff members stand on the opposite side.

Tabita, she was the only child of a wealthy family. She was a rich brat, who had been given everything on a silver plate and alas she didn’t value it. She is a beautiful girl and she dresses up pretty well too! But She is a bully, she bullied her way to Culinary School, she always looked down at me and harassed me as I was an orphan for most of my life.

Lucas smiles at me as I take my place in the audience, He then begins addressing everyone. “You need to have the ability to control your needs during work! Tabita I am cutting short the duration of your internship, you can leave by the end of this month and yes, I won’t change my decision if you ask your father, you all can leave. There will be no further decision on this”
Lucas gestures me to stop and when everyone leaves, he asks me to go on the terrace and wait.

There is a beautifully set table in the middle with candles, after some time Lucas walks in with fresh meals. I start giggling when he brings them, it was just what I needed!

Lucas then tells me that he cooked the dish himself, it’s a chicken cheese lasagna and damn it tasted so well! I moan after having the first bite of the lasagna, and Lucas seems to love that sound. We talk for most of the meal and we take the conversation to his office and I couldn’t help but remember what happened the last time I was here!

Its 3:00 am, and my conversation with Lucas seems never ending. I yawn, my body has started to ache after having such a tiring day! I leave the wine glass on his desk, we had finished the whole bottle, I ask him in a sleepy voice,

” I am tired, Can I leave?”

“No, I will drop you, you are way too drunk to be on your own right now!”

“okay let’s leave then”

We walk to his car, it’s a classic black Bugatti, I stumble on the car seat, And I seem to have dozed off while going home.
I feel someone holding me like a baby, I open my eyes and find Lucas helping me up to the apartment, Cora opens the door and lets him in, he leaves me on my bed but before he can leave, I call him, “Lucas thank you and could you please come here?”, Lucas comes next to me and leans. I stare at his eyes for a moment and I pull him by his shirt’s collar and kiss him on the lips. The world seems to have disappeared. He pulls back for a minute and examines my face, soon he holds my face with both of his hands and passionately kisses me, I feel his body clashing with mine, our tongues fighting inside but the moment comes to an end as Cora walks in with a glass of water and some cookies, Lucas immediately backs up and gets ready to leave.

Lucas leaves with an ecstatic face and Cora screams at me for not informing her about any of this…. I further explain what happened today with Eden And Lucas, and before I go to sleep, I ask myself, is it possible to fall for two different guys at the same time?

~𝐇𝐞𝐲 𝐠𝐮𝐲𝐬 𝐈 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫! 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐯𝐨𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭! 𝐀𝐥𝐬𝐨 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞:) 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐭?~