Chapter 5

My heart beats rapidly, I start breathing fast, my eyes start tearing up on the thought of losing Lucas or Eden! Tabita couldn’t let me be happy but how did she ever find out about it?

I ignore these thoughts and rush off to the ballroom to find Lucas, Lucas is found nowhere.

I run to the Lucas’s hotel room and knock as hard as I can and force him to open the door, after 15 long minutes he finally opens the door with a half empty bottle of whiskey

His breath reeks of alcohol when he finally says, “I was falling in love with you and you JUST had to go and fuck another guy AND THAT TOO HE IS A REGULAR CUSTOMER!”

I find my way in and take his hand and help him to sit down, “Lucas you HAVE to understand me, THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO ASK ME ABOUT WHAT I FEEL ABOUT YOU OR HIM!, its just been few days or weeks since I met you and I like both of you so just stop. We can talk about this when you are sober.”

Lucas’s eyes turn soft and he slowly tears up, “You don’t love me but I do, i very well know its WAY TOO EARLY but I do love you and everyday you give me another reason to love you more, not that I need a reason.” He wipes the tears trickling down his face and says, “The last woman I loved cheated on me and SO DID YOU!”

I suddenly feel breathless, I hug him and hold his face in my hands, my eyes stare deep into his eyes looking to reassure him, “I like you. I like you a lot but love is a feeling I haven’t touched yet, or maybe I have but give me some time to reassure you!”

I hear a whisper, “Layla….” I look towards the door; I had unknowingly left it open, Eden is standing there with a champagne bottle and a box of chocolate covered strawberries.

Lucas screams at me and so does Eden both wondering what was wrong with me,
“YOU PLAYED ME AGAIN” yelled Lucas
‘SO, THERE IS ANOTHER GUY?” yelled Eden
With constant accusations and their tantrums, my eyes start to fill up, I scream, “STOP! I AM LEAVING AND I AM SORRY FOR PLAYING WITH YOUR FEELINGS!”

I rush out of the room in tears and I come back to mine. I quickly undress myself and take a long sad shower. I pack all my things and draft an email to Lucas about leaving the festival due to health issues, I schedule the mail to be sent at 10am and book a plane ticket back.

I go to sleep wishing all this was nothing but a nightmare

[THE NEXT MORNING]

I wake up sore and heartbroken, I know I was wrong but them lashing out at me wasn’t the right response. I make up my mind and suppress my emotions, I check out from the suite and message Tabita to meet me in the café right away

I move as soon as possible to the café and tell Tabita, “It is time for me to speak and you to shut up. You messed up everything in Culinary School, now you are behind my career and I don’t know why, whatever you did yesterday was wrong and I know it was coming my way but it wasn’t your place to speak. Also, if you are so desperate then have them both I don’t want to hurt them anymore than I’ve already done!”

Tabita is surprised, her eyes curious as to what I was feeling and how calmly I was trying to cover up all the sadness, I smile at Tabita and wish her luck for the festival and simply leave for the airport.

[ Back at home]

Its been hours since I’m back and Cora is yet to come back, I wear the comfiest pjs I own and grab a huge jar of the Nutella from the supermarket few blocks away.
My mind still is racing on what was to come, a million questions in my head, who told Tabita about my “relationships” with Lucas and Eden? What is next? Should I keep the internship?

My head revolves around this fact and I can’t stop overthinking, I finally decide to leave the internship and start working somewhere else.
Cora finally comes back home and I tell her everything which went down, she tries to convince me to not lose this warm opportunity for a fling with two guys, and I explain to her that I have hurt both of them badly and I won’t be able to act normal.

[The next morning]

I go and leave a resignation letter at Lucas’s desk and send an email to him. I send my resume to seven different restaurants and two clubs, one of them owned by my friend Joseph.

My heart is shattered but I know that whatever happened is for the best, I build up my courage and try to bury all the beautiful memories, what’s the next step in my life and what more would add to my love life?

~𝐇𝐞𝐲 𝐠𝐮𝐲𝐬 𝐈 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫!
𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐯𝐨𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭!
𝐀𝐥𝐬𝐨 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞:)
𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐭?~