Chapter 17

(trigger warning!)

The next morning, I wake up to the sound of panic , Tabita was pacing in the room and murmering something on the phone, “ Idk she called me last night she has some plan, Dad wait” She looked towards me and softly smiled and returned to her call, “Dad she is awake, I will call her later”

I simply felt a tinge of guilt driving my mind, I hated myself to the core and I had accepted that the cancer was nothing but a poison I deserved, which happily took over my body. I was nothing now, I was ugly, my hair kept falling due to the chemotherapy and my mind kept lurking in the dark corners hoping someday it would just stop. Cancer had taken me over!

I asked Tabita to bring three pages for me and three envelopes, I hated doing this but I had to, I could feel my body giving up on me and I had to write down my final words before I go.
I wrote for what felt like hours, and then came chemo, they kept giving me large doses to save me, I wanted to yell at them to stop but I couldn’t.

That night, everyone gathered around me and tried to make me happy, my body was irrationally exhausted and my face was down, I understood that when I go to sleep, I will not wake up…

I struggled to keep my eyes open and I finally let out a sigh and used all my energy, “Goodbye, I love all of you and I am sorry”

With those being my last words, my body shut down and my eyes started watering, what was left was nothing for me but darkness and I welcomed the darkness to surround me and I let go of my body and my feelings for now I will sleep but forever.