Chapter 9

I walk and take a seat facing both of the boys, we sit in awkward silence for some time until Joseph finally says, “So I guess this Lucas is the same Lucas you told me about”, I nod softly.

Lucas and my eyes meet and we stare deeply, he whispers softly,
” I am sorry”
“What?”
Joseph sneaks out giving us some space.
“I am sorry”, Lucas blurts out.
“You Shouldn’t be!” I saw in a sorrowful tone
Suddenly the we hear a knock; I look towards Lucas with a questionable look on my face.
“I called Eden over as soon as I saw it was you”
I look at both of them, they were looking as handsome as ever and my heart dropped.

I excused both of them after greeting Eden and apologizing to him, I walked up to Joseph who seemed pretty busy on the phone and I whispered that it was urgent.
“Listen Joseph, I am so sorry I have to do this but I can’t risk breaking your heart too, whatever happened last was out of comfort and honestly as much as I wanted my feelings to be real, they kind of weren’t, I will ask Lucas and Eden to leave with , Thank you for everything and sorry if I hurt you…”
He genuinely smiled at me and hugged me; it wasn’t a “I love you but I have to let you go’ hug it was more like “it is okay we are better off as friends “hug.

My mind wandered at the mistakes I made and I couldn’t help but feel like a slut or a whore.

Me, Lucas and Eden walk out and go towards Lucas’s penthouse which was on the top floor.
We sat down near the window and I asked them to let me explain before things get more jumbled up.
“Listen, I am sorry from the bottom of my heart, I didn’t want you to be hurt so I never told you both the truth. To be honest I’m just happy we can sit in one room right now and not pity me. Whatever I did, was wrong. I shouldn’t have played with you both. I should have been honest. I haven’t felt love properly, and I’m unsure of what I actually feel…” I carry on explaining what happened later and I told them my “incident” with Joseph, they calm down and knowingly take chances to speak, somehow this situation felt more mature than every other thing I had ever done.

Lucas goes first, “When I saw you, the first day, I felt vividly attracted towards you, There was some part of me which already held on to you and the other which was full of insecurities’, You were the only thing I wanted , I guess I fell in love with the first sight of you and later I saw that you held more to you than you showed”

I blush. my cheek furiously heats up

Eden goes second,” Well I can not put my feelings in such amazing words as Lucas but I can try”
Lucas rolls his eyes at Eden and holds his hand to his heart sarcastically…
“Okay so umm when I first met you, I was on a date with that actress for publicity purposes, She kept going on and on about how she admired the fashion designers and then she started sucking my ass, not exactly” He winks, “She tried to compliment me too much which came off as fake and then you came in and unexpectedly everything changed, I admired and I still do your hard work and your will to hold on, I was falling in love and I still am , I can’t let go of you”

My eyes start to tear up and I pull both of them in a hug, both of them were surprised and left a kiss on my cheek.

Getting back to reality, I inform them about my housing issue and they decide to buy a flat for me in the same building. We decide that ill stay with them here for two days till everything is ready, Eden plans to stay here and Lucas happily agrees
I was so happy all of us could act as mature people in this situation, my heart skips a beat when I remember how much I mean to them and how much they do to me!

****

𝐇𝐞𝐲 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬,

𝐏𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐯𝐨𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰!

𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬

-𝐊

****