Chapter 14

My mouth drops, my body shivers and I whisper, "How?"

Mr. Thompson says, "Layla, I will explain everything but you need to know We all are very sorry, especially Tabita!"
I nod and smile a bit, I still wondered how they were my parents and what happened?

Mr. Thompson starts explaining, "You were born before Tabita, we were the happiest we could by. But then my wife, your mother let me know something that her family had a history of cancer, especially the first born had 100% possibility of having cancer. We didn't want to let you go soon but my mother in law forced me to give you up for adoption, and then you mother fell into depression soon after she had Tabita, the couple who adopted you died due to some causalities, from that day you were always in my radar and we knew what you were up to!"

Mrs. Thompson added in few things and said they were sorry.

After catching up a lot of things and Tabita and me bonding on things and we all finally were at a clear stage.
They then decided to come with me to the hospital for checkup.

After a lot and when I mean a lot, IT MEANS A LOT A LOT! Everything was over and when we came back to the mansion, all of my stuff was here.

I was shown to a room which was the size of my apartment, there were a lot of clothes there, and a beautiful red dress was laid down on the bed with a card reading

"My love Layla, we threw a party to welcome you,
A few of our friends and yours would be joining us.
Meet you soon xoxo!"

I dolled up, wore the dress which was perfectly fit and looked amazing on me, I applied a little makeup and wore a gold chain which was kept in the drawer for me.

The ballroom was decorated gorgeously, Tabita held my hand and walked me in, the room wasn't filled with so many people but only some, Mom and Dad (it feels so weird calling them that) and their friends made their way to me and I introduced, I was so lost in hearing them talk and crib about their privileges , Tabita takes me to a table further down the hall and I see Lucas and Eden there , just waiting elegantly for me.

All four of us started talking and laughing with each other about the weird things we all went through and the night goes calmly as I have now cleared a lot of things.