Chapter 16

[Authors note: HeYY this chapter might be triggering to some of you all! Please don’t be kind towards me and correct me if I have gone wrong anywhere, I have tried researching about the topic, I have tried my best and also, I love you all so much!]

I flutter my eyes open, devastated. My body in pain, so much pain. I adjust my eyes to this very bright white light on the ceiling and I do so after a few minutes.

I look around and see that I’m in the hospital, I found out I had leukemia, my body ached and struggled. The doctors were middle aged and the nurses too, there was no one in the room except these professionals.

As I showed some signs of movement, the nurses hurried to call my family in and inform my friends about me.

My parents and sister come rushing in, Mother and Tabita crying and Father was trying to hold himself together, I looked around again observing the machines and pipes in me, I felt like a burden, A huge burden who is going to destroy another family! I started crying and my body worsened.

My parents started explaining that I’m in the last stage of the cancer but they haven’t lost hope and decided they won’t. They have forced the doctors and hospital to do whatever they had to save me, I sighed on that thought, I myself didn’t know what to say.

I tried speaking, my mouth and lips were dry as dry as the gin & tonic served in bars or the desserts which never seemed to end once you stepped a foot into them.

However, I whispered “Thank you! I don’t know how to express what I feel but I don’t deserve this kindness”

I gathered my courage and my voice ad say, “I am sorry but I think I need you to excuse me, my body hurts a lot and my eyes are sleepy, I know I’m being rude but please?” I plead and my body aches more, I groan and they leave silently knowing that I need rest.

I know what I want and how I want it. I plan it mentally and close my eyes feeling a bit better that maybe I could do one thing right in my life and might do some justice.