Chapter 13

My body crumples in pain, after I take a shower, I notice the growing red spots over my body and try to ignore the thought that there might be something bigger and deadlier in me than just a silly allergy.

My body shivered throughout the long night, as if it wanted something, not a man but a lifeline, a support which I clearly lacked because now all I had was two amazing wonderful and incredibly hot men who refused to let go or give up on me

[THE NEXT MORNING]

I wake up with bruises on my back, I jokingly think that there must be a demon feeding off me. I remember tossing and turning the whole night but I also abruptly falling on the floor and hurting my back.

I dress up in a turtle neck black top which covered all the red small spots on my hand and tummy, and blue jeans which completely covered my legs, I wore boots and moved forward to leave for Tabita’s place which was just 40 minutes away

Along the journey I couldn’t help but wonder why Tabita was acting differently towards me and why her voice showed sympathy?

The taxi parked right in front of a humongous mansion, expanding in distance as if it owned every human life ever in existence and was shining in the morning bliss as if it owned the universe

(sorry for the shitty comparisons!)

I walk in, clanking my boots on the shiny marble floor where I could see my reflection.

“Hey!” I heard someone say as I was walking through the grounds towards the mansion, I looked back to see it was Tabita. “Thank you for coming, I should lead the way I don’t want you to get lost.” I simply nodded and followed her in, IT WAS THE PREETIEST INTERIORS I HAD EVER SEEN, While Tabita was leading me up the stairs it felt as if I knew this place, but how could a low-lying person ever have come to this place?

We reach a gigantic room, it had sofas and looked like it was a place to either talk or make business deals, I made myself comfortable and I heard two people walk in the room, I assumed it was Tabita’s parents and they were.

The three of them sit on the sofa opposite to mine,

Mr & Mrs Thompson speak in unison and say, “Layla my love, we are your real parents.”

What.

The.

Fudge!