Chapter 6

Its early morning, I have just received an acceptance letter to Joseph’s club, it was one of the hottest and the most active club. I was glad to be working with familiar faces!

{The next day}

I wake up looking forward to the fresh start and wear this yellow dress with spaghetti strap, I carry the most genuine smile I have and grab a taxi to Joseph’s Club, “The Luxe”. I had no other opportunity left, if I didn’t work, Cora would’ve to pay the rent by herself. I am glad Joseph gave me this chance and is paying me well too!

I took a taxi and rushed to the nightclub, fortunately I wasn’t late but I was almost 1 hour early. I grab a seat at the bar and order a glass of mojito, I look around and the ambience of the club is peaceful yet lively, according to magazines this is one of the top ten clubs, it provides amenities like lunch and breakfast and at night it turns to the liveliest nightclubs around town.
I sip my mojito patiently waiting for time to fly by, I observe everyone in the club for some time and soon this young, very hot and a tall guy comes and sits in the neighboring bar stool, He parts his amazing and just BEAUTIFUL LIPS and says, “Layla, it took me some time to recognize you, I hope you didn’t forget me! “Wait a second what just happened, how does this charming guy know my name…OH MY GOD HE IS JOSEPH!

“Joseph”, I clear my throat in order to stop imagining all the inappropriate thoughts about him, “You have changed a lot! Where’s that goofy and chubby guy I had met a few years back, did you leave him somewhere?” I chuckle. “so, I understand you liked the chubby me better? Or this new me better?” he says.

“I prefer the new you” I wink at him. Joseph starts blushing and we engross ourselves in talks for the rest of the time till the nightclub

Night shift begins, I open up to him about the last job and the short love triangle between me, Lucas and Eden. “So, are you single now?” he asks and I nod unaware about how I feel for either of them.

Joseph then explains my duties and says, “You will be paid for working as a chef for the morning shift and the lunch shift. If you want more cash, I have the assistant job vacant, my last two assistants were undercover for other club owners to ruin my work.”

I enthusiastically say yes for the assistant job and kept him know that I will be loyal, he writes up a contract binding me into working for him for 6 months and that I can’t be fired for any reasons till the timeframe of six months.

I sign the contract and I have to start working tomorrow.

{ten days pass by}

Me and Joseph exchange stares between my shifts, he took me out to have dinner and we had got take outs too when there was too much work.

There’s no sign of communication between Me and Lucas or Eden, I am almost on the verge of giving up on both of them, neither have answered my messages or texts.
As my shifts get over, Joseph insists on dropping me home but I wanted to walk back.

I reach home earlier than I should have and the door is a bit open, Inside, Cora is talking to someone on the phone.
” HAHA she is so dumb she didn’t even understand that I told you everything and believe me she was B-R-O-K-E-N when she came home that night!” I think she is talking about me ….

“She started working for one of her friends, she’s been super busy!”, WHO IS SHE TALKING TO? My heart keeps pounding faster and faster with every word she says, “Tabita don’t worry, you know that I won’t snitch!”

My heart shatters! MY BESTFRIEND IS THE REASON EVERYTHNG WENT BAD! AND SHES BEEN BETTER FRIENDS WITH MY NEMESIS! I was devastated, my mind was a train wreck of emotions at that time. I rushed inside and quickly I grabbed all my clothes and put them in a suitcase and I rushed out.

Unfortunately, it was raining very heavily, my tears got mixed with the raindrops. I picked up my phone and called Joseph, he came to pick me up in fifteen minutes
I got into his car, my clothes soaking wet, my bra and underwear was almost visible. We exchange a look and we drive towards his house.

I am scared, my body was breaking down…the person I trusted through these years was the traitor. What more was to come? I was still thinking about Lucas and Eden … Joseph had been there for me for the past some time. What was wrong with me, I had feelings for Lucas and Eden but I had been developing feelings for Joseph too?

~𝐇𝐞𝐲 𝐠𝐮𝐲𝐬 𝐈 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫!
𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐯𝐨𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭!
𝐀𝐥𝐬𝐨 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞:)
𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐭?~