Chapter 8

It was around 10:00 am when Pacifica entered the room. Dipper and Mabel opened their eyes and looked at her before she was able to say anything. Mabel got out of bed and walked over to Pacifica, then started talking to her. Dipper stayed on the couch and waited for them to stop talking.
After a bit they stopped talking and Mabel stood beside Pacifica. They both looked at Dipper, waiting for him to get up. Dipper finally got the idea and stood up off the couch. He walked over to them and started to speak.
"Hey, Pacifica. Can I speak to you, alone?" Dipper asked.
"Uh, sure," she said. She turned to Mabel. "You can wait outside the door." Mabel nodded, but didn't leave until she looked at Dipper and gave him an encouraging smile. Once Mabel had walked out the door and closed it, Pacifica turned back to Dipper.
"So, what was it that you wanted to tell me?" she asked. Taking a deep breath, he cleared his throat and spoke up.
"Pacifica, during the school year, I felt like I was growing closer to you, even though we were far apart," he said.
"Okay? Where are you going with this Dipper?" she asked.
"Well, all I wanted to say is, I like you," he told her.
"Like, as a friend? Cause I thought we already were," Pacifica questioned him.
"No," Dipper shook his head. "I LIKE like you. I love you Pacifica," he said quickly. Pacifica appeared to be taken aback. Her eyes were wide open and she was covering her mouth with her hands. Dipper looked down at the ground.
"It's okay if you don't like me back," he said, sighing. But he looked back up at her when she placed her hand on his shoulder.
"No Dipper," she said. "I like you too." Before Dipper could say anything, she hugged him. Dipper slowly smiled, then hugged her back.
They stayed like that before taking a step back. Dipper awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck while Pacifica looked down at the ground. It was silent until Mabel burst into the room.
"Now kiss!" She yelled. Pacifica and Dipper immediately looked up at her, their faces red. Mabel giggled and closed the door.
"So, what did she say bro bro?" she asked Dipper.
"Well, she said she liked me back," he said while staring at the wall.
"So does that mean you two are dating?" Mabel questioned. Dipper didn't say anything as he looked at Pacifica.
"Yes, yes it does," she said while grabbing Dipper's hand. His face somehow got even redder, and Mabel smiled wide. Before she could say anything more, Pacifica stopped her by speaking up.
"Well, we better go find my parents so that you guys can tell us why you ran away from the shack," she said. Dipper and Mabel nodded, then Pacifica lead them out of the guestroom, still holding Dipper's hand. Dipper kept a small smile on his face while they walked through the mansion.