Chapter 29

Dipper knew his answer. It was 'no.' Although he was a little worried about what would happen when he told Bill that. Shadow had come by earlier and informed him that Bill would come to him today. He sighed for like the millionth time since Weirdmaggeddon. All this sighing made him feel like a tired adult instead a thirteen year old teenager. But, he couldn't help it. Depending on how Bill took his answer, it could go horribly wrong and everyone could die. He hung his head low and closed his eyes. A few tears escaped his closed eyes as he thought back to last year, something he hadn't done in awhile. Last year, when he had made new friends, went through so many adventures and had fun. There were some bad moments, when Mabel had gotten kidnapped by gnomes, and they were nearly kill by the Summerween trickster and when he was possessed by Bill. But all in all it was the best summer he ever had. But now, after this, he was sure he would either die, be tortured by a dream demon for all eternity, or just never return to Gravity Falls. But he couldn't dwell on the thought any longer as Bill teleported into his room. Bill was in his triangle form instead of his human form, but Dipper didn't really care as he looked away.
"Awe, come on Pinetree, you knew this was coming!" Bill snickered. Dipper scoffed.
"Yeah, I did. But that doesn't mean that I have to look at you," Dipper said, still keeping his eyes averted from the demon. Bill's hand grabbed his chin and turned his head to face him. Dipper looked into Bill's eye as Bill spoke.
"Alright kid, this is your final chance. Do you love me?"
"No." Was Dipper's reply. Bill stared at him, a sad look in his eye. Then he let go of Dipper's chin and sighed. He mumbled something that Dipper couldn't understand and snapped his fingers.

Dipper sat up straight breathing heavily and sweating. He looked to the side and saw Mabel sleeping peacefully in her bed. Was it a dream? He questioned, then noticed the note on his nightstand. He picked it up and looked at it. It was from Bill. Guess that answers that question, he thought as he started to read the note. It read:

Dear Dipper,
I didn't have much time, but I wrote this note for you. If, for some reason, you change your mind then I figured that I should tell you what you needed to do. Deep in the forest you will find my statue. Say 'do you love me?' out loud, then shake its hand.  If your answer is still no to that question, my statue will disappear, and you will forget everything about Gravity Falls, from this year and last year. But, if your answer is yes, I am bound to you forever. I wouldn't usually say this, but, please reconsider. Shadow will visit you from time to time, just, talk to her if you need to.

Love, Bill Cipher.

Dipper stared at the note. He didn't know what to do. He needed more time to think. He sighed. Was I wrong to say no?