Chapter 22

Birds chirped as the trees swayed. Mabel sighed. They had finished breakfast and left Greasy's Diner, and now they were in the forest. Grunkle Ford was looking down in one of his journals, flipping through the pages, whereas Grunkle Stan was behind them, glaring into the trees like a creature was gonna pop out and attack them at any moment. Mabel was bored, but she was also worried about Dipper and Waddles. Mainly Dipper though. Although she left Waddles all alone at the Mystery Shack, Dipper was in a much worse position in the hands of Bill Cipher. Mabel scowled, nearly growling. When they find him, she was gonna kick his butt for stealing her brother. Then they all stopped, as an actual loud growl sounded behind them.

Dipper woke up with a groan. He couldn't remember what happened last night, but he figured it couldn't have been the worse thing, since his clothes were still on. With a yawn he sat up straight. His vision was still a little blurry, so he blinked and rubbed his eyes until his vision grew clear. He sighed, he hated this. He wished he wasn't stuck in the same place with Bill Cipher, it was just straight up awful. But he tried not to think about it, since the demon could still read his mind. But that didn't change the fact that Dipper hated it, and his mind still strayed to those thoughts every now and then.

Bill smirked. For once Dipper couldn't keep his mind off his actual thoughts. It amused Bill on one hand, but on the other hand, it made him a little upset. Why couldn't Dipper just except his fate? Ford made the deal with him, and there was no way they would be able to find them. Unless they built another portal. Bill nearly laughed, for one, building another portal would take forever, not only that but it would start the second Weirdmaggedon sooner then Bill was planning.
"Boss?" It took a lot of strength to not jump. Instead, Bill calmy turned his head and looked at the speaker, who was, not surprisingly, 8-Ball.
"Yeah? What is it?" He asked, rolling his eyes.
"So, uh, you know that rip in the dimension that leads to here that Shadow normally uses to get here?" 8-Ball asked.
"Of course I know!" Bill snapped at him. 8-Ball shrank back.
"Well, uh, um..." Bill glared at him. 8-Ball turned his head away.
"The rest of the Pines are very near to it," 8-Ball finished, still not looking at Bill. Bill's fists clenched, as his form turned back into his triangle self and became a slight shade of red.
"What?!" Bill yelled, fully red and angry now. He started thinking, coming up with a plan as Teeth and Pyronica dragged in a writhing, hissing black and navy haired female. Suddenly, she stopped and looked at Bill. Bill looked back at her.
"Did you cover up the rip?" He asked.
"I would have if these two idiots had let me!" Shadow snapped, nearly cutting Pyronica and Teeth as she swung her knife at them. She snarled at them and turned back to Bill.
"The Pines are coming."