Chapter 16

Dipper awoke with a groan. He had to blink his eyes a couple of times and rub them before his eyesight was clear. His eyes grew wide as he realized he was no longer in the Mystery Shack. He quickly sat up and looked around the room. It was a black room with hints of gold everywhere, and the one window in the room was triangle shaped. His head started to ache. He laid his head in his hands and scrunched his eyes shut. Hoping that when he opened them again, he'd be back in his room in the Mystery Shack, listening to Mabel and her friends talking about boys, giggling and screaming. He would much prefer that then where he is now, and he had a pretty good idea on where he might be.

Mabel slowly opened her eyes, then yawned. She sat up straight and stretched. Then she realized that she wasn't in her room, but instead in the gift shop. She looked around, confused. That's when she noticed Grunkle Stan and Grunkle Ford laying on the floor, still unconscious. She poked Ford, who was closets to her, then scrambled over to Stan and poked him in the face as well. Neither of them woke up. With a sigh, she got to her feet and started towards the stairs. That's when she heard groans and the creek of floorboards behind her. She quickly turned around and saw Grunkle Ford and Grunkle Stan getting up. Grunkle Ford quickly brushed himself off, then noticed Mabel. His expression turned sad, and he came up to her, with Grunkle Stan following close behind. Mabel stared up at Grunkle Ford as he sighed.
"What's wrong Grunkle Ford? Why isn't Dipper here with us? Is he upstairs?" She asked him. He reluctantly shook his head and spoke up.
"No, Mabel. Dipper's no longer with us," he said. Mabel's eyes grew teary, and she faked a smile.
"W-what do you mean? He's a-alive, right? You must be joking!" Ford looked even sadder, and slowly shook his head.
"I wish I was, but Dipper is in the hands of Bill Cipher."