twelve

twelve// fool in love˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

"Is Taehyun really not sitting here?" Yeonjun grunted. "I guess not," added Hyuka. "What a shame," murmured Soobin. Jean and Rin joined the table and sat. Jean sat across from Rin, next to Beomgyu, and Rin sat close to Soobin. The young lady looked around. "Taehyun?" She indicated the seat where he typically sits.

"He is being a coward." Beomgyu sighed and rolled his eyes. "Is he still that upset?" "He was in the wrong," Jean claimed.  Rin pressed her lips together. "Where is he?" Rin inquired. "I honestly don't know," Hyuka admitted.

"He's over there." Soobin motioned to a table where the "popular" athletes were seated. "Why is he sitting with them?" Hyuka asked.  "He's too cool for us now, I guess," Yeonjun sneered.

"I'll be right back." Rin stood up without saying anything else, and the boys remained there watching at her as she walked over to the table. "Let's go," Rin commanded Taehyun. "Don't you think it's a bit rude to just walk over here?" Taehyun spit out.

"Could you please stop being bothersome and just talk for a few minutes?" She retorted with a spit. In answer, the boys at the table gasped. "If I don't?" He asked.

"Stop acting ridiculous and get off your ass." I'm not going to ask again." Rin buried her hands in the pockets of her skirt. Taehyun snatched his bag and followed the girl out of the cafeteria.

"Would you be interested in clarifying why you're being such a jerk?" Rin drew her arms across her chest. Taehyun remained silent. "If you don't speak up, you're not coming back into our friend group," Rin threatened.

"I was only concerned about you... "I didn't trust Jean at first because I thought he'd touch you without your consent," Taehyun murmured. "Do you understand how much I care about you?" Taehyun's demeanor shifted. Rin crossed her arms.

"You know you owe Jean an apology, don't you?" Rin declared. He gave a nod. "And all the boys," Rin continued. Taehyun nodded once more. "Now that that's out of the way, why are you hanging out with jerks?" Rin arched her brow.

"They noticed I'm pretty good at sports, so they asked me to sit with them," Taehyun replied. "Still doesn't explain why you were being an ass just seconds ago," Rin scoffed. "You're right, I don't really have an excuse for that," Taehyun grumbled.

What happened to you, Taehyun? No offense to the boys, but you were the most intelligent person I could rely on while they were acting like morons. "Why are you behaving so arrogant?" Rin's expression stiffened. Taehyun became immobile.

"You're correct... I've been behaving foolishly, and I apologize. "I think I was just jealous of another guy barging in here and acting like he knew you," Taehyun admitted.

"Believe me, Jean is a great guy.  He'd never do something like that. "I think he'd like to get closer to you guys now that he's close to me," Rin suggested. Taehyun gave a nod.

"Now please go apologize to everyone else." Rin pushed Taehyun's arm amusingly. He laughed. They returned to their table after walking back into the cafeteria.

Taehyun stood in front of everyone and apologized individually, then collectively. All the boys were relieved that he was back to his old self.

"Thanks, Rin," Jean said with a smile. Yeah, truly, whatever you said to him, we're all grateful," Soobin continued. Rin smiled up at him, which made his heart race.

As their group of friends went out of the cafeteria, Soobin clasped arms with the girl. "So, tell me, what have you been up to?" Rin inquired of the taller man. "Oh, nothing special, just studying," Soobin replied. Oh, good, I've been as well," Rin replied.

"Good," Soobin remarked.

time skip˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

"Hey, Jean, you should join us and Rin at the beach this Saturday." Yeanjun rested his arm over the shoulders of the younger man. "Really? I'd be delighted!" Jean gave a nod. "I think you've just made his day," Rin said quietly.

"What time?" Jean inquired. "Three, is that right?" Yeonjun turned to face Soobin and nodded. "Three," Yeonjun replied. "Okay, great!" Jean laughed.

Oh, and don't worry about taking snacks because the beach serves as an outdoor food court," Taehyun added. Rin gave Taehyun a friendly smile. "Oh sweet! "Thank you for informing me," Jean said, nodding. Rin drew Taehyun close and ruffled his hair, bending his head down to give her a greater reach.

He grinned as she drew away. Except for Rin and Beomgyu, who occupy a dorm on the same floor, the college students split as they entered the dormitory buildings.

"Hey, are you and Jean together?" Beomgyu inquired. "No, why?" Rin gave a shake of her head. "I just thought since he has obviously hinted that he likes you," Beomgyu remarked.  "No, he just teases me because I'm a girl," Rin explained.

"A pretty girl," Beomgyu added. "What are you getting at?" Rin's brow wrinkled. "I just think he has a thing for you, that's all," the boy explained, raising his hands in defense. Rin remained silent, staring at the floor.

"What's wrong?" He questioned.  "I was going to say something, but perhaps I shouldn't," she shrugged. "No, tell me," he insisted. "Hmm... I think I can trust you," she murmured. "Well, I just think I have strong feelings for someone," Rin confessed.  The boy's pupils dilated.

"Really? You've never been into dating before?"
Beomgyu declared. "I know—it's a strange experience."  "How do I get rid of it?" She inquired. "Get rid of it? God, no, you should embrace it. "Tell this person you like them," Beomgyu constructed.

That's far too perilous.  "What if my feelings fade?" Rin inquired. "Huh. "It's still best not to hide how you feel," Beomgyu suggested.

"I'm not telling you to confess; I'm just suggesting it." "It's good you got that off your chest for now," he said, nodding. "Who is this person? A girl? A guy? Non-binary? Trans? Gender Fluid? "Would you rather not say?" Beomgyu inquired.

"Wait a minute, you can stop there," Rin chuckled. "It's a guy," Rin explained. "A dude? "Aside from us and Jean, who else do you talk to?" Beomgyu furrowed his brows. Rin remained silent.

"Jean?" Beomgyu muttered.