Bonding

Dakota slowly opened her eyes in the dark room. Her head felt like it was bashed into a wall. Wait.. was it? ... She felt totally exhausted, and both arms were completely bandaged with some blood poking through, and EVERYTHING hurt. Dakota decided to try getting up.

She went to sit up but totally failed because pain rang through her whole body... Okay, new plan. Don't fucking move. She was up long enough to know her shirt had blood on it, a reasonable amount too, and that her phone was to her left.

"Look who finally woke up." Said a wild Izaya, randomly appearing in the doorway with a smile. Dakota just looked at him with a face and said,"Is my turmoil amusing you?" then winced a little in pain. Izaya smirked, "Very much so, yes." But Dakota saw it, the slightest hint of worry. But she brushed it off, and dragged both her hands down her face, which of course hurt.

"When and how did I get here?" She managed out.

"I brought you here last night."

"Now, did you watch them kill me? Cause you so would."

"I don't like other people playing with my toys, Ms.Misora. I don't like sharing."

"Glad to know you compare me to toys."

Izaya smirked. Dakota decided she would rather relocate to the couch than stay in this room. She put her phone down beside her and forced herself up as she winced at the pain in her stomach. Izaya watched with his smirk. Dakota got out of the bed and almost fell but Izaya caught her in time.

"........ .... ... Thanks."

"No problem." He smiled.

"... You can let me go now." She managed to say. And he did, and she stumbled over to the dresser and quickly leaned against it, surprise she didn't epicly fail. Dakota decided to just invade Izaya's dresser and steal a gray long sleeved V-neck that she didn't know he had.

"Why don't you wear the gray one?"

Izaya shrugged. Well that was a waste of pain. She pointed to the door, meaning, Izaya, git out. Izaya strutted over to the door with a smile and closed it behind him. Dakota quickly changed into the shirt and tossed the blood spattered one aside. She rolled up the sleeves and walked over to the door and opened it, when it hit her...

The Stairs.

.... Izaya put here there on purpose.

Fuck stairs.

....

Dakota walked down the stairs, which were her greatest enemy, now and even before. Izaya was looking at his weirdo board game, than turned to look at her when she hit the last step, and saw her bag there. Yay he remembered her bag.

Dakota lazily strutted over to the couch and tossed herself on it, then regretted it. Izaya smirked and walked over to her with his hands in his jacket pockets.

"Want to bother Shizu-Chan?"

Dakota rolled onto her back and looked up at him with a face that read, "Seriously." Izaya smiled to himself. "Guess not."

"...."

"So, Shinra said he'd be by again later to check up on you."

Oh how wonderful, Shinra knew! He'd never let her live this Down. Dakota nodded and stared up at the ceiling. Izaya just stood there looking at her. Dakota noticed and looked at him. For two minutes straight, they just looked at each other with their own poker face.

Izaya's red eyes gazed into Dakota's blue ones, and hers to his. As if they had just had an entire telepathic conversation, They both stopped at the same time. Izaya walked over to his computer and Dakota rolled over and got comfortable.

"The second you can, I'd like you to head out to Ikebukaro and fetch me some more information. You haven't done that in awhile." Izaya said as he spun in his chair. Dakota didn't really want to think about going out right now..

--Later That Day--

Dakota sprawled out on the couch shortly after Shinra and Celty left. She didn't really know what to do with herself, and in such poor condition, how would she do anything? She had been opening and closing her phone, out of boredom, for the past ten minutes, waiting for Izaya to get back from his 'observing' session.

Almost on que, he walked in and looked sort of tired. Probably ran around with Shizuo again. Namie had the week off, so Dakota had spent the past two hours alone and bored. Not even staring at Celtys head, or trolling people on her dollars account gave her any feeling to relieve boredom. Maybe, and most likely, Izaya could..

"Hey Izzy-Chan~"

Dakota decided to break out all trolling hell and mind fuck Izaya to the Max. That couldn't be boring, right?

He stood there for a sec, trying to figure out why the heck Dakota was trying to seduce him, but then snickered and resumed his usually smirk.

"I see you were bored, Stray." He closed the door behind him.

"Nooo, how could you tell? And don't call me Stray, Izaya, it isn't nice." She pouted.

"Well than don't call me Izzy." Izaya suggested as he walked over to his game board. And than a wild Dakota pounced. She through her arms around him-Most physical contact with him ever, combined.

"If you don't want me to call you Izzy, than don't leave me alone to the point where I must resort to childish names to keep me entertained. If I must, and I already am, resort to bothering even you, I gladly will."

"Oh?"

"Is that a challenge?"

"I don't think so, Ms.Misora, I have work to do."

"I have work to do." She mimicked him and and let go.

Dakota did some epic hair flip with her bangs and started back to Izayas room, leaving him with his smirk.