Ch. 4 Donation center

"Tzuyu?"

I turn my attention to Miss Elizabeth, the woman in charge at the donation center. She's always happy to see me. I've grown to like her a lot and she likes me.

She knows my mother but she knows that my mother doesn't know I'm here every weekend. I told her to keep it between us and she was fine with that.

"Hey, Miss Elizabeth." We hugged and I couldn't help but smile. She's always hugging me, which I don't mind at all. I wasn't a fan of hugging but it comes natural when someone hugs you ever now and then.

Once we pulled back, she smiles at me as she holds my arms. "You look beautiful as always. How is Kat?"

She's always asking about my mother. They're pretty close friends.

"She's great." I smile.

"I haven't seen her around lately."

I nod as I knew my mom didn't really get out of the house a lot and if she did, she usually hides away from everyone else.

"She's been busy." I shrug. Nothing much to say.

She smiles then pats my back, wrapping her arm around my shoulder. "Taking care of her family as always." Squeezing my shoulders, she steps away. "Do you have some boxes for us today?"

"Yes ma'am." I smile, excusing myself to walk outside to my car.

I had a lot of boxes this time. A few clothes, make-up, shoes and other things that are basically brand new that I never used.

The thing I love more about getting all this stuff is that I could take it to the donation center and give it to people who actually need it. People who need it more than I do.

As I opened the trunk to my car, I heard a car pull up next to me. I placed two boxes on the ground then started thinking about the strategy I was going to take to get these inside.

I hated making two trips. I'm a one trip person. If mom or dad came back from the store with bags, I would make sure I could carry all of them or as much as I could before I even considered making another trip.

Looking up at the car that just pulled up, I saw a woman get out then I instantly knew who it was. When she turned to look at me, she was just as caught off guard as I was.

"Tzuyu?" She walked towards me and I honestly couldn't believe I would see a teacher out here or anywhere for that matter. It was always weird seeing them outside of school as if they didn't belong.

I smiled. "Hey, Miss Minatozaki. What are you doing here?"

She shrugged, placing her hands in her pockets of her jeans. She was wearing a leather jacket, blue jeans and sneakers. Her hair was to one side, probably to keep the wind from blowing it everywhere.

"I decided to come check this place out. I heard there was a donation center out here." She smiles. "I'm new to town, of course."

I nod. "Of course."

She smiles then looks towards the building. "So, what are you doing here?" She asks once she looks back towards me.

Looking back at the boxes, I look back at her. "I'm donating my stuff."

Her eyes followed towards the boxes then I saw a smile on her face. "That's amazing." She looks back at me. "Do you need help?"

"Uh, sure. If you don't mind."

"Of course not." She smiles.

I walk back towards the back of my car then pick up a box as she did the same. We both walk towards the building then went inside. Everyone was busy making sure everything was out in display for people to come by and get whatever they needed.