Ch. 32 Saturday night shenanigans

"Tzuyu! Your friend is here!"

I heard my mom yelling from the kitchen. Walking in, I saw her over the stove as she was cooking something.

When she looks over at me, she smiles and I smile back as I give her a side hug. "I'll see you later."

"Be careful!" She yells as I walk out of the garage door and through the garage.

Shaking my head, I saw a blue Tesla sitting in the driveway and I smiled as I approached it then slid into the passenger seat.

Jennie smiles over at me as she backs out of the driveway. I put my seat belt on as I look around her car and nod in approval.

"I like your car."

"Thanks. It was a birthday gift."

Looking around, I look over at her and watch her for a moment. "Recently?"

She shrugs. "Like three months ago." She smiles over at me. "I love it."

"Not a fan of electric cars but it's nice."

The screen display in the middle was ridiculous. It was massive and it was the first time I actually seen one personal. I've only seen them from afar or on tv.

"It gets me from place to place. I'm not complaining." She looks at me and smiles. "I know I said this before but your house is amazing."

"Thanks." I smile then look out the window for a moment before looking over at her. "So, where are we going?"

Jennie looks over at me and smiles. "Let's go to the café and hang out and maybe go watch a movie? I don't know." She laughs. "Whatever you want."

"What I want?" I question. "You're the one driving."

She smiles as she watches the road. "Alright alright." Pulling down a road, she looks at me. "Let's see what we can get into."

Knowing Jennie for a few years now, even though we never talked or hung out, I know she's the partying type. I've seen her hang with some of the popular kids who like to drink or smoke.

But, I'm not judgmental and anyone can do whatever they want to do.
I just wasn't sure what she had planned out for tonight.

When we pulled up to the café, she stopped on the side of the road and we both got out. It was really pretty tonight even though it wasn't completely dark yet. The sky did have a blue-ish glow to it as the sun was setting.

It was around seven.

Jennie opens the door for me and I smile as I walk inside. It was pretty crowded as usual, and a lot of people do some here cause it has great food and the atmosphere is welcoming.

We sat at the table and waited until a waiter came to take our order. When he left, we looked through the menus for a moment. I wasn't really all that hungry but I guess I could get a little something.

"Don't worry about paying anything." Jennie smiles as I look at her. "I'll cover everything tonight."

"Why?" I question, raising an eyebrow.
She shrugs as she looks through the menu. "Hanbin's told me how you are.. pretty much filthy rich. Even though I know you were rich but not like that." She laughs. "Just thought it'll be a nice change for once."

Smiling, I look through the menu and saw some fries that looked good. I didn't want to get too much in case I didn't eat all of it.

I hate wasting food when I knew there were starving people out in the world.

The waiter came back with our drinks then we ordered. Jennie got a double cheeseburger with a side of fried pickles and a milkshake.

When I ordered just the fried, I could see Jennie staring at me with an expression I couldn't quite pinpoint.