Ch. 10 Secrets

The next few days went by fast. It was as if the universe was waiting for Hwasa and I to be stuck into a room together with a woman or man talking to us about our issues.

Having to explain this to my parents was the hard part. I needed to come up with a believable lie because I already told Raven I had an activity after school so I wouldn't be taking him home.

I could follow up on that and tell my parents, but then they would ask a bunch of questions regarding what activity and everything else I wasn't prepared for.

"So, tell me why you two have problems?" This man was asking us questions as if Hwasa is just going to stand up and explain why she hates me or why she messes with me.

The remainer of the classroom we were in was dead silent. Neither of us was speaking, nor did we even want to. I had no reason to speak out because I don't have a problem with Hwasa.

He starts writing something down then flips a page. Watching him was like watching the grass grow outside. He was an older guy, slow in the head and his body was just not wanting to react fast enough to any movement.

"This is a waste of my time." Hwasa said, checking her nails.

I actually agree with her for the first time. This was stupid and a waste of time. I couldn't understand why this shit has to even happen.

"I can't seem to get through to y'all." He spoke, closing the notebook then standing up. "You may leave."

"Oh thank you." Hwasa was so fast to get up, she nearly knocked the chair over as she rushed out the door.

I gave a small smile to the man before exiting the classroom. The hallways were empty and deserted which looked weird. I'm not use to being here after school and it had a spooky vibe to it.

Walking outside to the parking lot, I saw Hwasa spinning out before leaving. I roll my eyes as I walk over to the car and unlock it. Throwing my backpack in, I get in then shut the door.

Leaving the parking lot, I really wanted something sweet. I wasn't sure if going to Starbucks was worth it or just stopping at store and grabbing a candy bar.

I chose the latter.

There is this gas station a little away from town. Pretty sure it's the only gas station here in town since it was so small. I looked down at my gas gauge and did notice I needed to fill up.

Driving over to the gas station, I knew that it was open to all. A lot of upper class goes there because it's the only gas station around for miles. I go there a lot to fill up and never had any problems with anyone.

Pulling up to one of the gas pumps, I killed the engine before getting out. I made sure I had the doors locked and my keys were in my pocket. My card was in my back pocket as I walked into the store and was greeted by the woman behind the counter.

Looking through the aisles, I came across the candy bars and looked around at which one I wanted. Not a big candy person, but sometimes I start having this undeniable crave for them.

Grabbing a bag of m&ms, kit kat and a hershey bar, I walked up to the counter and laid them down. The woman smiled at me as she was scanning all the items.

"I also need twenty on pump one."
She smiles at me before typing something in then ringing up the total.

"Twenty four, fifty two."

Taking my card out, I placed it in the card reader then waited until the instructions came up on the screen. After typing in my pin, I took it out then grabbed the bag the woman had placed my candy in.