Ch. 17 The Talk

Trying to explain to my mom, dad and Raven why I needed to be at school early wasn't something I was prepared for. It ended up being a lot of questions about why I needed to be there so early and what was the purpose of it.

Coming up a lie, ah, that was another story.

I never lied to my parents. Never. Not even once. Even when I was younger and broke one of my grandma's vases in the hallway from running around. I simply told the truth because that's how I was raised.

I was taught to tell the truth no matter what cause consequences follow you down a path of destruction if you stack up your lies.

Thinking nothing of it cause this was my second lie I've ever told them, they dismissed me from breakfast and I got the chance to leave before being pulled back once again.

Driving to school at such an early hour was unholy.

I usualy leave in thirty minutes to spare, so now I was leaving in about an hour to spare. School doesn't start til eight and it is currently six forty three.

As I was on my way to school, I couldn't help but wonder exactly what she wanted to talk about. I mean, it could be about anything.

Notice the sarcasm.

Of course she's going to talk to me about what I blurted out yesterday. She even might tell me that it was all a joke and that she was making fun of me cause..

Yeah, I don't know where I'm going with this.

My nerves were jumping around everywhere and my stomach was growling cause I took two bites of my food cause my nerves were so bad.

I was debating whether or not I could swing by the cafe and grab a coffee, if only they had a drive-thru.

Starbucks was in the city and I didn't have time for that shit.

I guess I'll just deal with my nerves cause I had no other choice.

Pulling up to school was weird. It wasn't exactly too early but it was a little early since a lot of people weren't here besides the teachers.

Everyone else usually gets here around seven thirty or so. At least enough time to stand around and talk to their friends before class started.

Nobody here eats breakfast. Maybe a few students but not a lot.

I wasn't sure where to even meet Miss Minatozaki. She didn't tell me anything but to meet her before school started so I was a little lost.

Locking my car door, I walk into the building with my stomach in a knot. I held onto my backpack straps as I walked down the quiet hallway.

I was definitely getting a horror movie vibe. It was so weird and I was waiting for something to pop out and scare the shit out of me.

Thanks to all the horror movies I watched growing up.

Nothing really scared me but a few has freaked me out of kept me on the edge of my seat. I defnitely love horror movies but I swear the nightmares that follow after are something else.

I decided to check her classroom cause that makes sense.

Looking through the small window that was in the door, I saw her sitting at her desk. I grabbed the handle then took a deep breath and opened the door.

When I walked in, I felt the temperature in the room drop so low. I had chills and I was nervous as hell when I saw Miss Minatozaki looking at me.

"Good morning." I managed to get out as I walk over to her desk.

She smiles as she looks up at me. "Good morning." I watch as she looks arond me. "You can pull a chair up so we can talk."

Pulling a chair to the front of her desk, I tried not letting my nervousness show too much. I sat down then slung my backpack off to the side.

I watch as she fold her arms on the desk and looks at me. "I wanted to talk to you about yesterday."

"Before you say anything," I watch her for a moment. "I didn't mean to blurt that out. I wasn't thinking and.." I sigh. "I overheard you talking to Mr. Kai that other day and I overheard you in the grocery story but I wasn't snooping around, I promise. I just-"

"Tzuyu," She interrupted. I watch as she slightly smiles at me. "look.. I don't know what to say or how to explain this. I wish it wasn't true, quite honestly because it's unusual and thinking about you, my student, in any other way is.. the words I can't even begin to express."

My heart was the main character in this situation. It was pounding and thumping, making my ears ring that I hardly even heard a word she said.

Taking a deep breath was almost working on calming my nerves.

Looking at her, we sat in silece for a moment before I broke it. "I get it. I think." I wasn't even sure what I understood anymore.

"Tzuyu.." She sighs then rubs her temples. "You're special in every way possible and I picked that up from two weeks of knowing you. I never intended on having feelings for you. I don't want you freaked out because of it."

Immediately, I shook my head. "No. It doesn't- it's not-" Fuck. Where was I going with this? Everything was spinning out of control and I didn't know what to do.

"Tzuyu,"

"No, it's fine." I stood up. "I get it. I think I get it. I don't know what I get." I grabbed my backpack and slung it over my shoulder before seeing Miss Minatozaki standing from her chair.

My head was spinning.

"I'm sorry that I like you." She spoke. "I'm sorry that I even have these feelings for you. I didn't want it to happen but it did. I'm your teacher and it's wrong. It's-"

"Maybe I like you too."

That broke the tention in this room.

We stared at each other for what felt like hours. No words were being said and the other noticeable sound that was heard was the chirping of the birds outside the windows.

My heart was about to explode out of my chest and I could feel it.

Maybe all this time that I didn't know what to even think about Miss Minatozaki liking me, lead to me believe that I like her as well.

The thoughts of her that consumed me almost everynight. The way my heart would start beating crazy when I'm near her. The way my anxiety was kicking in when I was in her class, knowing she liked me.

I watched her cross her arms and stare down at the ground for a while. I wanted to know what was going through her heard because vomiting was going through mine.

A lot of vomiting.

"Tzuyu.." She finally spoke then looks up at me. "I need time to think.. I need a lot of time for thinking."

I nodded as I understood, walking out of the classroom was like breathing again after holding your breathe so so long.

Not sure what even just happened but we expressed our feelings for each other, or at least half of that. I wasn't even sure what was waiting around the corner now because anything could happen

Good or bad.

I thought I was prepared for what was coming next.

Then again, I wasn't.