Ch. 21 Something new to get used to

The next morning consisted of trying to keep my nerves down as I tried to get through my morning routine. I tried not letting anything seem suspicious as I was eating breakfast with Raven and mom.

When Miss Minatozaki told me that she wanted to give us try, I honestly was caught off guard cause I wasn't expecting her to come out and say anything like that. She's been so shut off the past few weeks, it was hard to get her to open up about pretty much anything.

Actually knowing that she's willing to risk a lot just for us to try something, makes my heart thump inside my chest. It was in overload for sure and it was hard to keep everything in the pit of my stomach.

I never usually get excited over anyone. I've been with guys who were nothing special to me. I've talked to girls that I lost interest in, but Miss Minatozaki was something completely different.

She was a woman.

That's probably what makes me super nervous.

Going to school, I tried not letting my shakiness show in fear that Raven would ask questions that I wasn't ready for.

"How's Chloe?" I tried striking up a conversation to keep my nerves down. I saw him smile in the corner of my eye and it made me smile.

"She's good. I want to ask her out."

I raise an eyebrow as I glance at him. "What's stopping you?"

He shrugs. "I don't know. I think she only likes me as a friend."

"You won't know unless you ask." I smile at him, giving him a confidence boost.

Taking a deep breath, he nods. "I'm going to ask her out today."

"Good." I smile as we pull up into the parking lot. "Go get your girl."

"Ugh, shut up." He shuts the door then runs towards the building. I couldn't help but laugh as I watch him.

Getting out, I was met by Hanbin. He smiles as he was leaning on his truck with his arms crossed. I remember him telling me that Jennie wanted to hang out with him some time, but forgot to even ask if that happened or not.

"Did you and Jennie hang out?"

He nods as he swung his arm over my shoulder and we walked towards the building. "Yeah and we're going out this weekend." He smiles as he opens the door for me. "We talked throughout Spring Break."

"Why didn't you tell me?" I ask.

He shrugs. "Didn't know I had to."

Rolling my eyes, I walked to my locker then grabbed my book. After I shut it, I leaned against it and sighed.

I couldn't wait to see Miss Minatozaki.

"What's got you so happy?"

I look over to see Hanbin smiling at me. "I don't know what you're talking about." I held onto my book and looked around the hall until I saw Hanbin still staring at me. "What?"

He chuckles. "Since when are you actually happy in the mornings?"

I dropped my shoulders down then looked at him. "I'm not really happy. I'm just trying to deal with going to school everyday. I have to be a little happy cause we have a month left."

He nods as he looks around. "Damn right. Can't wait to break out of this prison."

We talked a little longer until the bell rung. We hugged then went our separate ways.

I was walking down the hall when I heard a voice that I didn't want to hear. I honestly thought she was gone for good but I was mistaken.

Turning my head, I saw Hwasa walking behind me. I gave her a weird look before I was shoved into the wall. I watched as she laughed then walked off.