The Deer and the big bad Wolf

The following day, the Cherryton academy school board had once again announced that the Drama Club would receive the honor award for its tireless demonstration of equality. Louis, as the head of the drama club, gave a speech of his own in front of the large audience. The way his simple words would draw in carnivores and herbivores alike was a trait that Legosi found incredible. His words about co-existence made the crowd go wild.

Standing up on the stage with the crowd going wild and all of the bright lights really was something else... and yet, Legosi was once again distracted by one single scent. Somehow, despite all of the animals in the crowd, he could smell her. He knew that today, he would finally talk to her. Unfortunately, however, due to his awkward nature, he struggled heavily with even trying to figure out how to start a conversation.

Long after they had left the theater, Legosi was still mulling about how to start a conversation with her. Should he introduce himself first? She already knew his name, there was no use for that. What did he even want from her? Well... he didn't even know what he wanted. In the 17 years of his life, he has never once been this nervous trying to talk to a girl. He had been watching her from afar in the practice room. She was undeniably charming, already having made a multitude of friends.

"LEGOSI!" the wolf had again forgotten where he was, finding himself daydreaming once again.

"What is it?" Legosi asked into the direction he'd heard the voice come from. Kai Repeated himself: "Could you adjust that light over there?"

"O-Of Course!" He replied, adjusting the light into a more centered position.

"What's been up with you lately? You really haven't been yourself!" Kai asked the large canine. Legosi scratched his head and looked away nervously.

"I... " Damn it, what was he going to say. He didn't wanna tell him the truth, wanting to save himself and Juno the embarrassment and inconvenience of gossip and rumors. He knew all too well how the world saw the hare in the Gardening Club. He sighed, letting his body slouch again.

"I still can't believe Tem is gone." Legosi was at least telling him half of the truth. There wasn't a day where he didn't think of that alpaca. To forget him would be a sin in of itself.

"Hey... it's ok." The mongoose rubbed his arm in an attempt to comfort the larger carnivore. His bluff had worked. Both soon had sat down, watching the actors practicing from their elevated position. Legosi still intently followed Juno with his eyes.

After practice was over, Legosi was waiting for the others to leave, volunteering to clean up afterward. With a lot of patience, he was finally alone with her. Juno was about to leave as well when she was approached by him.

"Eeeeeh... Hi, Juno," He greeted innocently. She turned towards him with a big smile, radiating warmth.

"Hello Legosi," her voice was light. It was so happy and energetic.

"Would you maybe like to..." Crap. This wasn't a good time for him to forget what he was trying to say. Pearls of sweat rolled down his forehead. He quickly wiped said sweat off his forehead. Juno suddenly grasped at her head. "I just remembered, I have something I need to do right now. Today is biology day, right?" Juno was looking at Legosi expectantly.

"Uh, yeah, I think so," Legosi answered, his blood pressure dropping down to normal levels again.

"We can talk more in the Species Room," proposed Juno. Legosi smiled back at her.

"Right! Of course."

"Meet me at seven. I'm looking forward to it." She smiled. Legosi didn't notice his tail beginning to wag uncontrollably. Still smiling, she left the room, leaving Legosi with nothing but his thoughts. The wolf continued to clean up, humming a simple tune while almost dancing with the broom in hand.